Blueacro led

U

User1

View Badges
Send a message, he is back in operation with some more items coming in stock. I just finished setting up 4 of the pro stars. I must say they are super awesome sauce. Here I am trying to see how Apex handles the multi channels vs. power/intensity. I think this was about 75% for all - I've not tried to blend anything just yet since I'm moving over another pair of multi channel chips I have that have more lime green. But even with the diffusers they coverage is great. Tank is 30" tall.

rl1.JPG

OP
OP
RedneckReefer68

RedneckReefer68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send a message, he is back in operation with some more items coming in stock. I just finished setting up 4 of the pro stars. I must say they are super awesome sauce. Here I am trying to see how Apex handles the multi channels vs. power/intensity. I think this was about 75% for all - I've not tried to blend anything just yet since I'm moving over another pair of multi channel chips I have that have more lime green. But even with the diffusers they coverage is great. Tank is 30" tall.

rl1.JPG

Looks great... Yeah I finally ordered Tuesday. Mine will be here Monday tracking shows. Did you use his drivers? I will be controlling mind with the reef angel star controller. This is my first diy so I'm a little anxious to get started add figure things out

U

User1

View Badges
I originally was using his drivers, yes. However, I have been chasing down a flickering problem and couldn't figure out what was causing it. First hurdle was heat. The AcroIQ drivers get hot which was the first issue of flicker. They sent out some additional thermal pads and once I bolted that up it resolved that issue. Hooked it up to my Apex with his drivers and the interface board from Steve's LED's which coverts pwm signals that the apex could use back to flicker. Ended up I had a short on the AcroIQ driver pwm side - mine do not have connectors so had to solder on my own. Found that issue, fixed it, tried again and everything was fine. But somehow I ended up shorting out a ground again on the pwm side and fried one of the two AcroIQ drivers :)

Enter today I had a spare 8xLDD board and wired it in. So far it has been working fine and the Apex can dime down to 0% which is nice. The blueacro chips are intense with and without the lenses. I'll be using the initial lenses for sure and the diffuser didn't seem to hurt anything other than smooth out the spread and shimmer. I also have a reef angel on my 40 breeder which is controlling those LED's. It is good, lots of features, storms, clouds, etc. The star - which is updated compared to what I have - is nice. If you are good at coding you will enjoy the controller. It is a pretty solid product. I almost upgraded to it but switched to the apex at the last minute. Most of it was due to the lack of activity on the forums lately.

OP
OP
RedneckReefer68

RedneckReefer68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had both. Went from RA to the Apex and now back to the RA. Are you driving your acrostars at full 1 amp or did you drop them down on the driver to Max out at less?

U

User1

View Badges
They are running at full power via the driver but I am using the LDD 1000H's which adjust to the channels anyway. At the moment the Apex has them peaking only at 80%. This was just to see how the various channels look and when adjusted change the color. The Pro stars are pretty intense in the range he offers - 20k spectrum. Also the 2nd channel if you are using the Pro's has the violets. They are pretty intense on their own which surprised me. I bet some of the corals are going to really shine, pop, or glow, under those.

U

User1

View Badges
Did you get the lenses / diffusers? They are pretty interesting and evenly distribute the light. It is interesting because several threads in the lighting forum are starting to use them on the radions. He has offered them over a year.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back