Blueberry Fields Acro?

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R,

About a year ago I bought a small frag of blueberry fields acro, it came in a pack. Originally I wanted an Oregon Tort but thr seller said this was the same and offers up the same blue. In his tank it is very deep blue but after a year in my tank it is greenish light blueish. I know acros can change color so I don't really care about that. He usually charges around 60 a frag for it, now around the forum I see a frag also called wwc blueberry fields acro and it has green polyps. Looks very different from the one I got and at my local reef forum sells for around 10 a frag. When I cut a few frags from it I asked for 40 for 2 inches of it yet no one seems to want it. Is this the same thing as the wwc version? And am I charging too much?

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, almost forgot a picture, here's some frags of it:
f27351e20cd8df29e95f74797e1f2430.jpg
de07d20b48b5a4d84bb4808729e938c7.jpg

hbrochs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look like Blueberry fields to me. I think 10-15 for unnamed blue green acro seems about right. Oregon Tort has zero green.

chrissreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to tell from the pic. What's your lighting. I have oregon and don't have super bright lights and sometimes (depending on light cycle) it can look teal. I also have blueberry fields from wwc... green polyps. here's an old tort pic... it's not color balanced but you can see the growth.
20150515_163725_resized.jpg

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to say this was the OT. Just saying he compared it to it price wise. But he also called it blueberry fields acro but a true bbfa has green polyps?mmm???

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the WWC Blueberry Fields. WWC's piece is like a bonsai acro with blue body and green polyps.
There is another older acro people called Blueberry Fields which yours looks closer to.
But it is definitely not the same as Oregon Tort. If you care about the names and lineage of your pieces, I would be weary buying stuff from someone who can make such bold claims.
A LOT of people confuse the Oregon Tort for any bright blue acro/tort. I've even seen vendors claim to be selling Oregon Tort when it isn't which sucks because then people buy it thinking they have a piece of Oregon Tort and it just keeps spreading around carrying the wrong name.

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Oregon Tort I have is the bluest blue coral I've ever seen.

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I know its not oregon tort. I was asking if it is a blueberry fields acro and how much is it

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the WWC Blueberry Fields. WWC's piece is like a bonsai acro with blue body and green polyps.
There is another older acro people called Blueberry Fields which yours looks closer to.
But it is definitely not the same as Oregon Tort. If you care about the names and lineage of your pieces, I would be weary buying stuff from someone who can make such bold claims.
A LOT of people confuse the Oregon Tort for any bright blue acro/tort. I've even seen vendors claim to be selling Oregon Tort when it isn't which sucks because then people buy it thinking they have a piece of Oregon Tort and it just keeps spreading around carrying the wrong name.
Yeah I think it is the older bbf acro. My post may have not been clear, i knew it wasn't oregon tort just wanted to know what it was. Thanks for the response.

Back