Bluejaw Trigger Abscess?

beanbagtang

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’ve had my blue jaw for close to two years and this lump has been growing slowly but more more noticeable lately. He still eats like a pig and behaves normally but definitely want some ideas what it could be and how to help him, thanks in advance :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/M3sQ3ogxiwa54sMC9
 
Hi all I’ve had my blue jaw for close to two years and this lump has been growing slowly but more more noticeable lately. He still eats like a pig and behaves normally but definitely want some ideas what it could be and how to help him, thanks in advance :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/M3sQ3ogxiwa54sMC9

How long has it had this growth?

Rapid growth (in days to weeks) indicates a abscess/infection. Slower growth (weeks to months) is more likely a tumor.
 
How long has it had this growth?

Rapid growth (in days to weeks) indicates an abscess/infection. Slower growth (weeks to months) is more likely a tumor.
it definitely has been slower over the past few months it has just been more noticeable. He’s never changed activity or hunger just want to know if there’s something I can help treat in iso or something I’m gonna have to just try to contain
 
it definitely has been slower over the past few months it has just been more noticeable. He’s never changed activity or hunger just want to know if there’s something I can help treat in iso or something I’m gonna have to just try to contain

Short of surgery, there isn't anything you can really do, sorry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new