BM curve 7 break in

Perhaps you have an abundance of surfactant in your tank water? I've used brand new filter socks without rinsing them first and my skimmer (not a BM) goes crazy for a few hours lol.

I have a Curve 7 with the DC pump in my frag tank sitting in 8" of water that's never done what yours is doing...so???

Normally a brand new skimmer won't hardly make any foam at all, that's why I suspect some type of surfactant in the water.
And that is determined/removed how
 
Did you ever get this figured out? Been running my curve 7 for 2days now and no luck
 
You'll probably have to run it for a week or two to break it in . I've got a curve 7 and it works great
 
If You can put a ball valve on the air intake to adjust how much air it can take in this will help a lot
 
You'll probably have to run it for a week or two to break it in . I've got a curve 7 and it works great
Interestingly enough it was like this for a few days. Kinda got annoyed. Then I remembered seeing a post about someone who let theirs run and drain into a 5gallon bucket. After about an hour of this it started working perfectly. Coincidence? Maybe. Something in the water? Possibly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new