Bonded pair spawned

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am having an aiptasia issue, and went to check the fuge section in my sump for something related to that and happened to notice that apparently my Bonded pair of bengali cardinal spawned. One way or another, a fry or egg found its way into my sump and well, I found this guy hanging out in there tonight. The question is, should I move it to the main tank, or will its parents mess with it? If I had to approximate I'd say it is about 1/10th the size as its parents currently.

1655177772587.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am having an aiptasia issue, and went to check the fuge section in my sump for something related to that and happened to notice that apparently my Bonded pair of bengali cardinal spawned. One way or another, a fry or egg found its way into my sump and well, I found this guy hanging out in there tonight. The question is, should I move it to the main tank, or will its parents mess with it? If I had to approximate I'd say it is about 1/10th the size as its parents currently.

1655177772587.png
Bangaii cardinals are only shoalers as young specimens. Once mature they will split off into pairs or remain solitary. The parents most likely will not allow a third much younger specimen in the tank if they’re established.

pld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1655177772587.png

pld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't put him with the parents, they will eat/kill it. Worse case, one of the parents will try to swallow it and then choke to death on it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back