"Border Reef" DIY Heavy build SPS build

Just ordered my other Stream 3, so we will see how I aquascape this tank with these pl umps, I know they are larger than this tank requires, but wanted pumps for this build and beyond!
 
I also started making water for the tank, hoping to fill it by the end of Oct.
20180924_163601.jpeg
 
I know it's not pretty now, but hoping to water in by this weekend
20181017_172500.jpeg
 
Started with some aquascaping today. Hopefully this week I should put water in this bad boy
20181021_201344.jpeg
 
I just need to work on doors, but for now I like the open look, and I am sure it will help with my skimmer too if it is open.
20181019_212458.jpeg
20181019_212504.jpeg
20181019_222122.jpeg
20181019_220934.jpeg
 
Houston we have a problem. For some reason my check valve is leaking, so I will have to order a new one
20181023_124828.jpeg
 
I think my problem is I used old glue, as I replace one piece, another one begins to leak, so I have to redo all my pressure pipes, my return line and manifold.
 
I got my leds under my tank hooked up now
20181026_211052.jpeg
 
Take two, I hope I fixed all the leaks from the old pvc glue, I will never do that again.
20181027_183420.jpeg
20181027_183416.jpeg
 
I wish i could be filling my tank up with water, but i have to travel for work, so right now i am in the air in between Dallas and New Orleans. I think i prefer the two pumps on the back wall, versus the stream 3 Rock i had one of the pumps in before. I feel my tank is to small for those tunze rocks. I will be glad to have them for any future upgrades. I am not going to put to much thought into the aquascape, (a thought that would make me cringe before) because i want to plan my corals out more!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new