Bracing an aquarium

armin.kerstholt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm about to build a 220 gallon reef. The glass I use is 10 mm toughend glass. My question is, do I need to brace my aquarium, as toughend glass is much stronger than standard glass ?
 
Toughened glass is 5 times stronger than normal glass, I'd say 10mm is probably a good number. The only difference in the glass is, that toughened glass if it fails, it completely fails. Normal tank glass will at least just leak and completely blow out.
 
Thanks, yes I know it might not be the right choice, but this is the glass I need to work with. But will I need to brace it top and/or bottom ? Dimensions are 2.00 mtr x 0.70 x 0.70
 
Where are you located? Let me save you the hassle, I have a 220 for sale, lol
 
Yes, I'd go top and bottom with the brace. Euro style would be best.
 
Ok thanks, now I need to figure out how to fix my filter connections. I think my braces will have be about 5 cm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new