Bracing

Cokato mn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 220 gal. 6’x24x30. It needs reseal which is no problem but it had a broken top rim that was removed before I got it. 12mm glass can I safely brace with strips of 1/2’’ 12mm glass ? Was thinking of 4-6’’ pcs out towards ends and split equally In the middle would this keep it from bowing? Or other options
Thanks

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 220 gal. 6’x24x30. It needs reseal which is no problem but it had a broken top rim that was removed before I got it. 12mm glass can I safely brace with strips of 1/2’’ 12mm glass ? Was thinking of 4-6’’ pcs out towards ends and split equally In the middle would this keep it from bowing? Or other options
Thanks

That height of 30" will make for a lot of outward pressure but I do believe you'll be fine with what your plan is for bracing. However, I'm not an engineer and, hooefully, we'll hear from one with some calculations to show downward force, outward force and all those forces. The force be with you!

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to go that route, I'd suggest a complete eurobrace. That's an awful lot of water to clean up!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back