Brad's 250L aquarium

Phresh Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

So I thought I'd get a build thread started for my aquarium that I plan to set up over the next 3-4 weeks.

I don't have a lot of images as I'm still waiting for things to arrive, and I believe I might be in some strife when it comes to my cabinet, but I'll save that until the end.

The aquarium is: 1200mm long, 460mm high and 460mm deep. The tank will hold approximately 250L (+ what ever the sump holds!)

My sump will hold:

Clarisea SK-3000
2x appropriately sized Eheim heaters plugged in to a InkBird Wifi Controller
1x Nyos 160 Skimmer (Overkill, I know, but I have it laying around)
1x Pacific Sun AR-Pro Algae Reactor - Medium
Sicce return pump (I don't know the exact specs of this - I've owned it for quite some time and am debating whether or not to use it. I used it on a 500L system for approximately 12 months)
1.9L of MarinePure balls
Tunze Osmolator for top offs

The light on this tank will be the Illumagic Blaze X 120.

Now, the fun part. The tank is fitted to a cabinet but I'm not sure how I feel about a very slight overhang.

My tank builder has suggested it will be fine, but it makes me feel a bit uneasy. Obviously I will be putting some foam under the tank but would I be better off putting some plywood as well or something underneath and evening out the overhang on the back and front? Or am I just going to need to get a new cabinet?

The overhang is the front (or back) panel, left and right panels are completely flush.

242531962_834958907195383_3617785126123388863_n.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea has a slight overhang in the front, but it’s braced with a steel L plate for support. So yeah, I’d be inclined to even it out between the front and back so that at least part of the front and rear panel is at least partially supported.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back