Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Ok. Just got it apart. Took pics and went old school. I smacked it gently and said a few choice words and it purred like a kitten. I love you for helping me! Now...I'd like to have a back up one. Jic.
 
After they sit, the can get stuff stuck in the magnet. Need to check the empeler and see if it looks good
 
It doesn't have a way to open it. Can you suggest a nano replacement? Size appropriate? I'm prepared for freshwater crisis. This was a situation I was hoping would hold off until I get prepared better. I wish I had the original paperwork for this tank, but I don't. I got the tank and stand for 50.00. there is no damage to either.
 
Can you give me the dimensions of it. It needs to fit in the same place
 
You have been so nice to go out of your way to help me. You have no idea how much I appreciate that. This is pretty overwhelming the first time setting up. A helping hand and kind word goes a long way when you are new.
 
Look online for a manual. I would be really surprised if they don't sell replacements. Get the instructions for removing and soak it in some vinegar to loosen the crud. Sometimes motors sieze up while sitting dry.

The powerhead and bubbler will keep everything until you get it fixed, but it may be easier for you to work if you put everything in a temporary container.

Relax, it will be fine.:-)
 
In fact, since it's small, you could try filling the tank with vinegar and water for a couple of hours. Just fill it enough to cover the pump.
 
I'm looking to add a tunze 9001 ato and a protein skimmer to the tank. I know we don't NEED this. I'd like to be prepared. I have no idea how to list this on here. I'd be willing to text info if anyone has these for cheap. This is an 8 gallon biocube.
 
24 hours up and running. Live rock, live sand, small ball of cheato. Do I need to add a piece of shrimp now? I am a little confused about the whole step by step process. I have been told almost opposite things. What is the first visible sign I should look for? About when should I expect it?
 
Looking for an Oceanic biocube 8 or 14 wall adapter. I have the part attached to the hood. I know this equipment is old. I'm hoping somebody has one collecting dust they are willing to sell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new