OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's nothing fancy or probably unique, but I finally found a regular mushroom coral. Seems everyone just sells the expensive OG stuff. I am so stoked over this pedestrian coral!

Picture taken with 'camera fv5 lite' app suggested by @dantimdad

DSC_0002.JPG
That is very pretty. It looks like cotton candy.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, That's a Ricordea florida. I have 4 of them in my nano. Very colorful and hardy for me. I have melted 2 yumas now... :(
Yea yumas are trickier for sure. My interstellar is constantly swinging between “surviving” and “withering away”. It’s close to all my other mushrooms as well, which are all good looking perfect. So strange.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea yumas are trickier for sure. My interstellar is constantly swinging between “surviving” and “withering away”. It’s close to all my other mushrooms as well, which are all good looking perfect. So strange.
I was told most yumas are wild caught, and take FOREVER to acclimate to captivity and artificial lighting. They need very low shaded light for weeks. Like put it in a cave low light. Then they might still melt. Aquacultured yumas do better, but are still harder than even a wild florida. I decided to just stick to floridas for the bottom of my nano dropoff. I only need about 300 more to fill it in all the way.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told most yumas are wild caught, and take FOREVER to acclimate to captivity and artificial lighting. They need very low shaded light for weeks. Like put it in a cave low light. Then they might still melt. Aquacultured yumas do better, but are still harder than even a wild florida. I decided to just stick to floridas for the bottom of my nano dropoff. I only need about 300 more to fill it in all the way.
I've had the same Florida for nearly 2 years and it hasn't grown or propagated...it's literally just sat there.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which propagates faster; ricordia Florida, ricordia yuma, rhodactis ?

In my experience Florida can become a nuisance quickly. Albeit a very pretty nuisance.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tarantula did not survive the molt process. Not sure. Its the most stressful time for the spider. Number one cause of death in pet ts

Sorry to hear that...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back