Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Welcome! One fire shrimp I think is the best way to go, Ive only ever owned one at a time but I've heard they can get territorial towards other shrimp. IMO one is all you need, they are absolutely stunning and will steal the show when they come out from hiding!
 
Someone is moving and has a large tank they are breaking down. They offered live reef rock, sand, and water for our little tank. Any reason this would be bad? This tank is several years old.
 
Someone is moving and has a large tank they are breaking down. They offered live reef rock, sand, and water for our little tank. Any reason this would be bad? This tank is several years old.

Have a look at it and see if you see any of these: excessive hair algae, macro algae, bubble algae, aiptasia or majanos. None of these are the end of the world but would mean more work up front.

Personally, I think starting with established rock is great. You should get lots of hitchhikers.
 
Ok. Question 4006... If I use rock, sand, and water from an established tank, could I get a soft coral? Do I need to wait until after we add wildlife?
I would wait and test your water levels... in this hobby patience is key... this is the best way to try and avoid mistakes we've all done in the past when we started out
 
Day one trouble. Just set up and I don't think the motor is working. I don't hear anything. I have a pump and airstone ( freshwater type and saltwater power head) will either of these work until I can find a replacement? My bio one has the 3 compartments on the back. Please help! Only live sand and reef rock in the tank now.
 
The power head is the best to get water moving the airstone will help also, plus give oxygen in the water. Do both for now
 
If you don't have livestock in the tank yet, either of the two methods will work, though the power head is better. If you have livestock then use the air also.
Yes the pump is in the back. Is it underwater now?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new