Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Alabama now and destruction has happened all around us and I have helped find people. THAT is a terrible experience I hope to never have to do again. But, if the need arises...
Don't think I'll ever forget April 2011. Two tornado's passed through where I work that day. Fortunately, the cat 5 passed around 1/2 a mile north of our main building. Even more fortunate, an adjacent business, sent everyone home after the first tornado came through. They estimated that at least 30 people would have died had they tried to maintain production.
1565703636165.png

I took these pictures from where I work.
1565703345573.png

We didn't have normal power restored to our substation for over 20 days. These are the 500kV transmission lines between us and Browns Ferry nuclear power plant.
1565703428462.png

That was not a fun time to live in Alabama.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think I'll ever forget April 2011. Two tornado's passed through where I work that day. Fortunately, the cat 5 passed around 1/2 a mile north of our main building. Even more fortunate, an adjacent business, sent everyone home after the first tornado came through. They estimated that at least 30 people would have died had they tried to maintain production.
1565703636165.png

1565703345573.png

We didn't have normal power restored to our substation for over 20 days. These are the 500kV transmission lines between us and Browns Ferry nuclear power plant.
1565703428462.png

That was what I was talking about. I went to Russellville and phil campbell to search. I honestly had nightmares for weeks after what I saw.

Hartselle got lucky.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was what I was talking about. I went to Russellville and phil campbell to search. I honestly had nightmares for weeks after what I saw.

Hartselle got lucky.
We knew something bad was coming after the cat 1 tornado came through when jeans started falling from the sky. We made a few nervous jokes about it before seeking shelter. It wasn't until later we heard about all the people killed in Hackleburg and the Wrangler jeans plant there.

Another crazy thing.... the next morning we did an inspection of our substation. Later that day we found an oil painting in the substation that hadn't been there earlier in the day. It had one small hole in it but didn't even have any water damage. We know it came from Mississippi but were unable to identify the owner. I still keep it in my office.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And mud slides... :)

Mudslide.JPG

You could always keep one of these in your back yard. This is an escape pod that they use on offshore oil rigs down here. They have seat belts. :)

Escape Pod.jpg
That looks like these 'futuristic' homes that were manufactured in the 50's. They were built up on stilts and apparently leaked a lot. It seems they expected no rain in the future.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stepson was in T-town. The milos burger sign from there ended up in Oxford!

We found pieces of mail from Mississippi in Rainsville about 6 months later. I heard a post office got hit somewhere so that was where we thought the mail was from.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1565703636165.png

1565703345573.png

1565703428462.png

Wow, that is crazy. So glad safety won out over profits that day.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good friend that drives nothing but Fords and he has nothing but trouble. Last time his turbo blew on the Al-Can pulling a trailer. That extended his trip by many hours and add to that the difficulty of finding a repair shop on the Al-Can. I just chug along in my old Chevys racking up the miles and changing the oil every 5000.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH
The simplest solution is don't buy a Ford truck. There fixed it for you lol.
I have a good friend that drives nothing but Fords and he has nothing but trouble. Last time his turbo blew on the Al-Can pulling a trailer. That extended his trip by many hours and add to that the difficulty of finding a repair shop on the Al-Can. I just chug along in my old Chevys racking up the miles and changing the oil every 5000.

The problem with that plan is then I'd be stuck buying garbage :p

I really think just sticking to the 5L is the way to go, other than the turbo my truck has been fantastic. And it's unfortunate there just happens to be one thing that isn't well built on it. Though I'm in agreement on the Al-can thing. I swear Ford bought stakes in repair facilities before unveiling that design. INSANELY expensive to fix if you have damage.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm at Edisto Beach,SC with my cousins and wanted to share with you guys:
1.jpg

2.jpg

Some great fried squash and zucchini :)
3.jpg

Nice big fresh shrimp
4.jpg

This is my aunt looking at the feast (notice the pan fried potatoes and onions at the bottom)
5.jpg
She's Batman!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife and I have been talking about heading to Reef-A-Palooza next year in Orlando. Weve never traveled outside of Canads before and were not sure if we want to hit all the parks as well or focus on one this time around and come back the year after to do the rest. I've heard you really can't do Disney world in a week so we were thinking Universal Studios?? Not really sure if that's what I'd like to do lol it would be neat to hit all these coral shops I read so much about on here like WWC and ORA who I believe are in Florida as well. Places where when we have kids it might not be as fun to visit when they are super young. Though I'm not sure any park would be that much fun either with a baby but who knows.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife and I have been talking about heading to Reef-A-Palooza next year in Orlando. Weve never traveled outside of Canads before and were not sure if we want to hit all the parks as well or focus on one this time around and come back the year after to do the rest. I've heard you really can't do Disney world in a week so we were thinking Universal Studios?? Not really sure if that's what I'd like to do lol it would be neat to hit all these coral shops I read so much about on here like WWC and ORA who I believe are in Florida as well. Places where when we have kids it might not be as fun to visit when they are super young. Though I'm not sure any park would be that much fun either with a baby but who knows.
You can do Disney in a week. Well, you can at least get a good start on it. It is divided into 4 main theme parks. I love Epcot, but you could do it in a 1/2 day with kids if you don't care about seeing the cultural areas. This park doesn't have many rides. Hollywood Studios would be no more than a day with small kids. A few rides for smaller kids and some great shows but the park isn't overwhelming.
Animal Kingdom is probably a 2 day park. Disney World would be at least a 2 day park. The reality is if you tried to see everything in a single vacation it would be absolutely exhausting, no matter how long you stayed for.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with that plan is then I'd be stuck buying garbage :p

I really think just sticking to the 5L is the way to go, other than the turbo my truck has been fantastic. And it's unfortunate there just happens to be one thing that isn't well built on it. Though I'm in agreement on the Al-can thing. I swear Ford bought stakes in repair facilities before unveiling that design. INSANELY expensive to fix if you have damage.
Exactly and you would still be on the road instead of the repair shop.....garbage or not I have hag a small fleet of Chevys (made in Canada) that worked great and racked up lots of miles without a motor rebuild. Last one ran over 300,000 miles and I traded it for a motorcycle!

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do Disney in a week. Well, you can at least get a good start on it. It is divided into 4 main theme parks. I love Epcot, but you could do it in a 1/2 day with kids if you don't care about seeing the cultural areas. This park doesn't have many rides. Hollywood Studios would be no more than a day with small kids. A few rides for smaller kids and some great shows but the park isn't overwhelming.
Animal Kingdom is probably a 2 day park. Disney World would be at least a 2 day park. The reality is if you tried to see everything in a single vacation it would be absolutely exhausting, no matter how long you stayed for.

See that's kindof what I was thinking, I don't like feeling rushed, especially if I'm seeing things for the first time. What about Universal? Different park altogether no?

Back