Brand spanking new here!

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself real quick as I finally registered...after being a lurker for at least a few years! I always seem to end up here when I'm searching for something related to reef tanks. Currently have a Fluval Evo 13.5 thats been running for about a year and a half and a little FW planted Spec V that i like to mess with...But my main reason for finally jumping in and registering is my new build I'll be starting in a few weeks. Just picked up a Red Sea Reefer 350 and can't wait to get it running and start the cycle!

Looking forward to being official now and being able to use the search function!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome to the R2R community

OP
OP
J_anderson_75

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!!! Share a shot of the little tank! Then some of the bigun when she's all set up!
Thank you! I was afraid someone was going to say that!! LOL. I'm actually a little embarrassed to show it after seeing so many nice tanks in here! But here goes...this has been and still is a definite learning experience for me. My first attempt at a reef and a lot of ups and downs. This pic shows a little of what I have. Been trying to get my algae under control and kind of ashamed to say it took me a good 6 months to finally figure out how much my water parameters effect everything. Currently trying to get it stabilized and hoping the algae will go away. So far the algae seems to be getting less and less, but still not gone! It's been a solid year and a half of trial and error, with lot's of error. Now that I think I have a general understanding of maintaining a reef tank, I'm going to up my game and start my reefer 350. I'll be sure and document that next setup and hopefully avoid some of the pitfalls I had with this one.

Attachments

• nano reef.jpg
    nano reef.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 49

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back