Brandon's IM Nuvo 40 SPS Reef

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good catch! Yes I can go back and see if I can label them with the names that I know and I’ll leave the rest open for the ID gurus to weigh in on ;Hilarious

Are there any in particular you wanted more info on?

2nd photo has a beautiful one in the center and one to its left. Both are bright pinks/orange. The one in the 6th photo, and which monti is that? Just getting my indoor garden going and looking for ideas. You gave them to me in spades! I wish I could just go to a reef store and buy them!

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd photo has a beautiful one in the center and one to its left. Both are bright pinks/orange. The one in the 6th photo, and which monti is that? Just getting my indoor garden going and looking for ideas. You gave them to me in spades! I wish I could just go to a reef store and buy them!

Thanks
The second photo is mostly just the Bubblegum Digitata with the seasons greetings Monti below it. If you mean the third picture the orange one is an orange Setosa and the pink one is a pink birdsnests. The sixth picture is also the montipora Setosa. :D

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Top Down Tuesday!
DA79C845-BA1C-4B4E-B8E7-9200951174F9.jpeg

Rick Ginn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. I have an SPS dominant tank, running out of room.
Im just down the road in Stuart, would love to talk reef sometime locally.
Ive gotten into the high end SPS, taking a few years of patiently growing out
the colonies. Love our fishing on the Treasure Coast!!!

IMPRESSIVE tank especially w/out a sump!!!!!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. I have an SPS dominant tank, running out of room.
Im just down the road in Stuart, would love to talk reef sometime locally.
Ive gotten into the high end SPS, taking a few years of patiently growing out
the colonies. Love our fishing on the Treasure Coast!!!

IMPRESSIVE tank especially w/out a sump!!!!!
Thank you! Stuart is great, I used to go down there a lot before the pandemic. And yes fishing here is amazing (although I dont have much time to do it anymore lol). I know the feeling of running out of room but I guess it means we are doing something right! I don’t know anybody who reefs funnily enough! Glad you like the tank and yes I miss the days of having a sump! ;Hilarious

Jadakiss168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful! Wow looks awesome. Can you please if possible take a front picture of the tank. I would love to see how it looks completely with the lights. RESPECT

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful! Wow looks awesome. Can you please if possible take a front picture of the tank. I would love to see how it looks completely with the lights. RESPECT
Thank you so much! Now call me old fashioned but I like my tanks with a canopy! ;Hilarious

F50003FC-B305-48DB-A738-1EF4689CFD27.jpeg

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! Now call me old fashioned but I like my tanks with a canopy! ;Hilarious

F50003FC-B305-48DB-A738-1EF4689CFD27.jpeg
I love the look of canopy tops also, but with a lot of the newer style rimless tanks I have been afraid to add the weight of a canopy to it

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of canopy tops also, but with a lot of the newer style rimless tanks I have been afraid to add the weight of a canopy to it
Same! I checked with IM before I added the canopy and they said it should be all good the way I built it. Next tank will not be rimless for sure because I want a taller canopy! ;Hilarious

Back