BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jamesfc27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There should be nothing wrong with your order. The reason we are looking into these older orders is because those are following the time line of when we switched bottling companies. So we will test and verify that the old batch that those orders came from are correct.

How would I find my order number? All packaging has been thrown away, the bottles are unlabeled, and emails in the trash bin automatically delete after 30 days.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, I received my 2 bottles yesterday with the old dosing instructions i.e. 1oz per 20 gallon. Are they considered from the old batches?

Anyway I dosed double the dosage for my 110 gallons last night and the water was cleared when I woke up this morning. It's almost 24 hours since I the first dosage and had no losses. I dosed after the lights were off and dialled down my CR and my KHG showed KH was stable at 8.4 through the night. Ph has also dropped to 7.90 from norm of 8.1-8.2.

I had been battling aefw for months and had been dipping rigorously with Melafix and throwing out infested colonies and frags to contain them. Haven't noticed any new bites today but may be too soon to tell but haven't spotted one yet so I'm happy to share my experience. Thumbs up to Purge.

Nope, those will be newer batches. Looking forward to your updates :)

How would I find my order number? All packaging has been thrown away, the bottles are unlabeled, and emails in the trash bin automatically delete after 30 days.

Just message me your full name and PayPal email and I can find it :)

Asonitez

View Badges
Reaction score
UWC -

I have what I would call a "light" infestation of AFEW. I JUST started seeing losses and have removed the (2) small colonies that had the AFEW's on them. Last night I did a flatworm exit treatment which seemed to only bother them, kill a bunch of planaria, and overall had no impact to my corals. All my SPS have excellent polyp extension and color this morning.

Given the treatment instructions on my 350 Gallon system - I estimate I need 6 bottles to perform the full (28) day treatment on my reef? Is this correct? I'd rather try the product before committing to 200 dollars worth of product. What could be considered an appropriate amount for the initial treatments?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, you would need 6 bottles for the full treatment. You would need a little more then 2 bottles for the initial dose :)

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just came home and lights were off and sighted a few on one of my infected colonies. They look like adults and were moving around so I don't think they are weak. Should do a dip or do another double dose on day 3 which is tomorrow?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No, give it more time and dose as normal as some of the adults will linger for a while. If you want to do a second double dose, I’d wait till week 3. Of course you can dip if you want :)

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Ahhh did my 4th dose on Wednesday and still finding flatworms in some milliporas....I have a tiny bit product left and don’t want this to have been a very expensive fail :confused:

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The thing you don’t want to see is any eggs. As long as those worms can’t lay eggs, they will slowly die off and the cycle stops.

I think we should recommend that people baste daily so that they can keep an eye on their populations and what the started with and where they are at presently.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am on day 4 of treatment. I randomly selected 3 acros to dip this afternoon. I found no flatworms. I found eggs on a Miami Orchid but that's no fault of the Purge since it's only been 4 days. My battle isn't over yet obviously, but I feel better equipped with Purge in my arsenal. I've been basting on a regular basis and haven't found any worms since the double-dose of Purge on day 1. I feel cautiously optimistic.

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Three bottles and 3 different colors of the product. Is this normal or indicating poor quality control?
20181002_134339_1538595431174.jpg

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They need to be shaken up very good. I would recommend shaking them up, upside down :)

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Decided to dip the infected colony in Melafix after seeing some live ones after lights were off. There were quite a lot of live ones and this is after 48 hours from first dosage. Dont think I saw any new eggs but took no chances and cut the base off.

Is there any reason why we have to wait till Day 7 for the second dose? Would it be harmful to the corals if we continue dosing in a shorter interval? Are others experiencing the same? Thanks

Wu Tang Clam

View Badges
Reaction score
Decided to dip the infected colony in Melafix after seeing some live ones after lights were off. There were quite a lot of live ones and this is after 48 hours from first dosage. Dont think I saw any new eggs but took no chances and cut the base off.

Is there any reason why we have to wait till Day 7 for the second dose? Would it be harmful to the corals if we continue dosing in a shorter interval? Are others experiencing the same? Thanks

Wow you must have some amazing eye sight to see AEFW on the corals!!

You wait 7 days to disrupt there life cycle so any hatchlings that hatched 7 days ago are killed this is repeated until no eggs and hatchlings are left and this takes 4 weeks according to UWC to have total eradication

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow you must have some amazing eye sight to see AEFW on the corals!!

You wait 7 days to disrupt there life cycle so any hatchlings that hatched 7 days ago are killed this is repeated until no eggs and hatchlings are left and this takes 4 weeks according to UWC to have total eradication

The infected colony is right at the front and its easy to see them by using my iPhone torch light. It's always those infected ones which they keep coming back for. They are merciless! Thanks for the explanation.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Correct, basically you want to continue to break the cycle throughout the treatment. Even if live worms are found, they should not be able to lay eggs and will die off. Since you are just at the beginning of the treatment, start basting everyday and mentally note the numbers you are seeing throughout the treatment and you will see as batches of eggs hatch and disappear throughout the treatment :)

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm on 10th day of treatment , so after 2 doses, im making double dose, 2 acros have white spots and I think they will day because spots are bigger every day , on rest I can see aefw but they are in same place in last 24 hours , I can't see any eggs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back