BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
anyone have any updates on their use. good or bad.
I just finished my 4th dose. I did not have very many flat worms. I personally only seen 2, but my Vivid Rainbow Acro was all bit up and deffinatly was being eaten. Now the acro looks much better, and I cant di d any sign of bites or flat worms. I'll take it as a win until I see something wrong.

peter2208

View Badges
Reaction score
If possible, leave your skimmer running but remove the collection cup and let it run back into the sump for a minimum of 48hrs. Longer is better if your system can handle not having the skimmer actually removing gunk.

No issues running vibrant at the same time :)
Ok cool, I’m on day 9 and have just put the skinner cup back on. When I do my next dose shall I leave it off for 48 hours again?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just finished my 4th dose. I did not have very many flat worms. I personally only seen 2, but my Vivid Rainbow Acro was all bit up and deffinatly was being eaten. Now the acro looks much better, and I cant di d any sign of bites or flat worms. I'll take it as a win until I see something wrong.

Fantastic to hear :)

Ok cool, I’m on day 9 and have just put the skinner cup back on. When I do my next dose shall I leave it off for 48 hours again?

I would leave it off as long as your system can handle, but a minimum of 48 hours :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Great to hear and sorry to hear about the few that didn’t make it :)

Craig Whittington

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi @UWC

Started purge on Monday, I’m basting corals daily. I haven’t got a bad problem with flatworms however after basting a acropora I found one big adult fly off but have seen no eggs. Up to now that is the only flatworm seen. My tank is heavily loaded with wrasse so maybe this has/is keeping it in check?

Back in December I dosed purge for 2/3 weeks to treat for MEN but cut the program short as I was going on holiday however I’m pleased to report I haven’t seen any since and colour on the corals has returned. MEN were still present for 2 weeks during the dosage.

Back to Monday I dosed purge again this time to run the full course. I basted on Tuesday to find only one large flatworm come off and be eaten by my wrasse. What I did notice was when it flew off the flatworm seemed lifeless? Is that possible after the initial shock double dose? Up to now I’m feeling quite good but will run double dose throughout the 28 day treatment.
During your test period what did you notice happened to the flatworms?

Thanks

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome to hear about the MEN’s!

Totally normal for the AEFW’s. Some hold on longer and are much more resilient and some are almost paralyzed instantly. The latter species, which it sounds like you have, go down easily :)

Craig Whittington

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks @UWC

I’ve put skimmer cup back on tonight.... been off 72hours... no more signs tonight still of worms. How long should any affected bites take to heal over?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’d say most start seeing major improvements around week three. Every tank is a bit different depending on level of infestation :)

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’d say most start seeing major improvements around week three. Every tank is a bit different depending on level of infestation :)

The end of week three or like right before they dose the 4th time or right around when they dose the third time?

yongwooi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC
Today will be my day 14 dosage but I just found some new eggs on the sps. Do you recommend if I do another double dose?

Thanks.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If you have enough to do another double, I would :)

yongwooi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd try to remove them from the tank first. I did a few double doses with no ill effect.

It’s really hard to remove them without tearing down the tank. I think I’ll just double dose my last two treatment as I have enough to do it.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
It’s really hard to remove them without tearing down the tank. I think I’ll just double dose my last two treatment as I have enough to do it.
If your very concerned, you could extend the treatment another week or two just to make sure the larvae dies after it hatches.

Craig Whittington

View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC

Is it essential to baste daily throughout? Or just every so often?

Also I run a clarisea but currently have left the trap door open during treatment. After 72hours am I ok to put this back into action with the skimmer cup? Or would you leave it off?

Thanks

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not 100% necessary but definitely recommended as it gets the worms out of their comfort zone and relieves the acros.

I would leave them off if your system can handle them not running :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back