Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something in between FTS's and close ups?
DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg
Lookin good my man!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! How about a few more before I need to deal with the stuff I've been putting off?
A coral and zoa I can never get good pictures of... along with a vermitid... :oops:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

And some fish!
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great shot of your Blue tang!!
Thanks! I was shocked that it was that in focus. Heck, it was surprising he stopped to watch me long enough for me to even try and get it in focus!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous shots! What is the pink and yellow coal?
I have no idea. I got it from WWC a year ago and it only had two small heads. One broke off during a tank cleaning and I thought for sure it was a gonner. But, then it started growing. Growing slow, but still growing.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea. I got it from WWC a year ago and it only had two small heads. One broke off during a tank cleaning and I thought for sure it was a gonner. But, then it started growing. Growing slow, but still growing.
That is funny.
Getting pretty handy with that camera.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more familiar you get with the camera Brew the easier it becomes
When u find the perfect ISO and F for your tank it then becomes way easier

Keep it up it’s looking great

What camera are u using btw?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more familiar you get with the camera Brew the easier it becomes
When u find the perfect ISO and F for your tank it then becomes way easier

Keep it up it’s looking great

What camera are u using btw?
A Nikon D5100.

And it is getting to be easier. Not sure why the concepts of the F were such a challenge for me. It took forever to click.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Nikon D5100.

And it is getting to be easier. Not sure why the concepts of the F were such a challenge for me. It took forever to click.
Yea and the best part is now U can look at some people’s photos on here that u used to think was insane and tell they messed with it in LR and the coral looks nothing like it. At least I know I can dissect it and tell what sliders they pushed to the max

I use an f of 11 with my lighting sometimes 13 any more is to dark slash bright esp with the macro extension tubes
An iso of 200 unless I get the tripod out then I’ll drop it to 100 but without the tripod just way to much noise

I also cheat a little in LR I have a base setting for both of my tanks saved so I just click on it then adjust some of the settings depending on how the photo came out might have to push up the shadows or eliminate some noise until it is accurate and call it a day

It’s just an expensive hobby cameras and fish tanks but so worth it in my opinion

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Nikon D5100.

Also I have a Nikon D3000 does ur 5100 have the back screen show you the view??

It’s the only thing I wish my camera would do mostly for my display as there is some tough angles where I have to use my phone camera to see the view finder

But I can’t upgrade just yet as I have no reason to I don’t use the camera for anything else and it’s hard to justify spending that coin on a camera just to take photos of corals I got my butt reamed by my girl when I tried to buy a computer just for light room which in hindsight she was right

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have a Nikon D3000 does ur 5100 have the back screen show you the view??

It’s the only thing I wish my camera would do mostly for my display as there is some tough angles where I have to use my phone camera to see the view finder

But I can’t upgrade just yet as I have no reason to I don’t use the camera for anything else and it’s hard to justify spending that coin on a camera just to take photos of corals I got my butt reamed by my girl when I tried to buy a computer just for light room which in hindsight she was right
It does have the flip out and rotating screen which is very handy for the top down shots. It wasn't an issue before I put my T5 lights back up but they get in the way now so the view screen is the only way I can see it for many locations. Harder to focus using the screen but easier to take the picture.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea and the best part is now U can look at some people’s photos on here that u used to think was insane and tell they messed with it in LR and the coral looks nothing like it. At least I know I can dissect it and tell what sliders they pushed to the max
This is very true. I can't quite tell exactly what was changed, but I have learned to look at the coralline and frag plugs/egg crate to see how it was modified. I don't always get it right, but I try to make sure the coralline in my pictures matches what I see. If I do that it seems the colors come out very true to the naked eye.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very true. I can't quite tell exactly what was changed, but I have learned to look at the coralline and frag plugs/egg crate to see how it was modified. I don't always get it right, but I try to make sure the coralline in my pictures matches what I see. If I do that it seems the colors come out very true to the naked eye.
Yea very true when the coralline algae is bright orange there is a problem with the photo and in time you will also see who bumps up other sliders as well like me for instance used to bump up the clarity all the way and have since gotten away from that with better starting photos but I can see who does it now because I used to do it

I think Bubba uses a white balance card in the water to make the starting picture even better but Bubba is on another level with his photos I hope one day I can come close to what he produces everyday

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does have the flip out and rotating screen which is very handy for the top down shots. It wasn't an issue before I put my T5 lights back up but they get in the way now so the view screen is the only way I can see it for many locations. Harder to focus using the screen but easier to take the picture.
Frag tank will solve that

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea very true when the coralline algae is bright orange there is a problem with the photo and in time you will also see who bumps up other sliders as well like me for instance used to bump up the clarity all the way and have since gotten away from that with better starting photos but I can see who does it now because I used to do it

I think Bubba uses a white balance card in the water to make the starting picture even better but Bubba is on another level with his photos I hope one day I can come close to what he produces everyday
Who is Bubba?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag tank will solve that
My wife is very accepting about almost everything I do related to the hobby. Not sure setting up a 2nd tank for anything other than QT will ever happen. She seems quite content that this tank is in my office where I can enjoy it and little smell ends up outside the room.

Back