OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 new Battlecorals delivered yesterday. It wasn't what I expected, but I can't complain. I think he forgot that I had wanted his starter 10 pack and then to add a few corals to it. Instead, he sent an amazing selection of 12 corals. Some of the frags he sent were huge! I was in a hurry when I took these. Not sure I will get to taking better pictures tonight. This does give you an idea of the size of some of these things!
IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure my Hippo tang is happily spreading them throughout my tank right now. I hope to have time to find them all and glue them in their final homes this evening.

Devan Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from an amazing weekend. My wife and I went to Camp Lejeune with a good friend of ours to celebrate the Marine Corps birthday and Veterans day.

I "may" have been a little intoxicated when this picture was taken. No one was looking at me anyway, so it was all good!

I have to say that this was an amazing event with the 2nd Anglico's and I am very appreciative of the invitation they offered and the hospitality they provided. Friday morning was a golf tournament where my friend and I played on the commanding officers team. That night was a reunion dinner for the retired Anglico's. We spent the evening talking to a group of Vietnam vets along with a Korean War vet.

Saturday was the Marine Corps Ball, hence the tux. I always love the ceremony involved (my wife is a Marine so we still attend them local to us) but this one was special since the Anglico's are a special operations force. The highlight of the night was when they Facetimed with one of their buddies who was recovering at Walter Reed after being injured 2 months ago in ... well, I'm not allowed to say where.

It was a great weekend but I am glad to be home. My poor liver needs a chance to recover!
I miss the Marine Corps Ball. a lot of good times. I was at Lejeune from 2002 to 2006 with 3rd battalion 6th marines.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss the Marine Corps Ball. a lot of good times. I was at Lejeune from 2002 to 2006 with 3rd battalion 6th marines.
I have tremendous respect for my wife for having gone into the Marines. Not my thing. I like indoor plumbing way too much! ;)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started, one of my first 3 corals was a radioactive dragon eye zoa. It didn't thrive, but it lived all the way through my old system tear down. Somehow, I lost it in the rock that didn't make it back into my new system. You would think.. easy to replace, right?
So, I tried. I ordered some from WWC with a few other corals. Go figure, it is out of stock. But, because @WWC is such an amazing vendor, they replaced them with not one, but 2 higher end corals. They sent me WWC Banarang zoa's as a replacement along with free Gorilla Nipples. Talking about going above and beyond to make it right!
I actually have no idea what the Banarang's look like so I'm excited to see them when they open up. I couldn't even find a picture on the internet, source of all knowledge.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I do apologize. I was really hoping to get some corals mounted and pictures taken but it just isn't going to happen tonight. I just now finished everything I needed to do. I'll pick up all the frags off my sand bed in the morning and again in the evening to try to get them all mounted in their final home. Silly Hippo tang. Then, if time permits, I'll clean the glass and try to get some photos.

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome progress Brew! Love the tank and all the beautiful fishies in it. :)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome progress Brew! Love the tank and all the beautiful fishies in it. :)
Thanks! I wouldn't have the fish I do, and as healthy as they are, without everything I learned from you and Humble!

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really cool the way WWC took care of you. I was just checking out their website today and they have beautiful corals.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really cool the way WWC took care of you. I was just checking out their website today and they have beautiful corals.
If I could only choose 2 online coral vendors it would be WWC and Battlecorals. They both have treated me very well.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I picked the worst type of super glue for a reef ever. I picked up 2 packs of 4 tubes and it wasn't enough. The tubes had air pockets in them so the bubble I was making to stick the coral would float to the surface. Very frustrating and superglue went everywhere. I still have around 8 more corals to glue down before I can clean things up and take some pictures.

They are coming, I promise!

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I picked the worst type of super glue for a reef ever. I picked up 2 packs of 4 tubes and it wasn't enough. The tubes had air pockets in them so the bubble I was making to stick the coral would float to the surface. Very frustrating and superglue went everywhere. I still have around 8 more corals to glue down before I can clean things up and take some pictures.

They are coming, I promise!

Brew, get this. It will last you a lifetime and is fantastic. Get this exact one as some of their other glues in the smaller bottles are thin and not nearly as good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007...shies+glue&dpPl=1&dpID=41mFibi19EL&ref=plSrch

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back