Brightwell XPORT BIO BRICK: Need Help!

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't the bricks arrived in perfect condition the erosion occurred once placed in sump , took six weeks before it was apparent. I will see what Brightwell has to say.

Yes. The Brightwells do fall apart. I have a local reefer who reported the same thing. Added it to the sump. Little over a month later the whole thing disintegrated and made a mess in the sump.

You are supposed to rinse these block once a month to remove detritus. How are you supposed to do that if it starts falling apart?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates ?
I'm thinking about using this product and starting some researching.

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The Brightwells do fall apart. I have a local reefer who reported the same thing. Added it to the sump. Little over a month later the whole thing disintegrated and made a mess in the sump.

You are supposed to rinse these block once a month to remove detritus. How are you supposed to do that if it starts falling apart?
Brightwell is replacing any that fell apart.
You aren't supposed to rinse them once they are in your system.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Has this changed? I was assured by the reps at one of the shows that the situation with bad batch was resolved.

Any recent feedback.

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this changed? I was assured by the reps at one of the shows that the situation with bad batch was resolved.
Any recent feedback.
Hi, yes they corrected the issue. There may be the old batch in circulation from vendors that did not get it replaced so if anybody gets a crumbling brick they can contact Brightwell for a replacement. They will need to see proof of purchase and/or images of the crumbling brick.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Hope the new, batch works out well.
Is there a batch number, etc... of the bad batch so we don't buy them ?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Spoke to Dave @ Brightwell and he said all the product from that bad batch should have left supply chain already. He stated that every brick is fully guaranteed and if you happen to stumble upon a bad one it will be replaced immediately. He even mentioned that every replacement receives a small complimentary bottle of bacteria to jump start it. Now, that's support!

BTW. DR. F+S has the Brightwell Aquatics Xport BIO Brick Biological Media for about $25, that's a great price considering that everyone sells it for about $38.

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bricks are better than MarinePure. Marine Pure did nothing for me except leave crumbs on my sump floor.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into this as well. I heard MarinePure leaks Aluminum and I have softies. I was thinking of MarinePure or a BW Brick so my pods can house in them vs using rock. I was planning on putting rock and Ulva or Cheato in the fugure but considering MP or a BW Brick + Ulva/Cheato.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm looking into this as well. I heard MarinePure leaks Aluminum and I have softies. I was thinking of MarinePure or a BW Brick so my pods can house in them vs using rock. I was planning on putting rock and Ulva or Cheato in the fugure but considering MP or a BW Brick + Ulva/Cheato.

My tank was and is full of softies and I've used two products that are said to release AL without issues. Both MarinePure blocks and PhosGuard were/are used over past decade without detriment.

valiewrustam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dears! tell us about your experience of using XPort NO3 Brick, how it is used in SPS systems, any corals react negatively to this?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the differences between their,...

XPORT-NO3 BIOLOGICAL FILTRATION DIMPLED BRICK
and
XPORT-BIO BIOLOGICAL FILTRATION DIMPLED BRICK

4sylvester

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months mine is crumbling in my sump. I want to remove it but afraid it might drastically affect my bio filter. Is there a safe way to remove these?

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months mine is crumbling in my sump. I want to remove it but afraid it might drastically affect my bio filter. Is there a safe way to remove these?
Add more biofilter seeded with bacteria before removing the old brick.

Paul 569

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would try Brightwell Aquatics XPORT BIO BRICK. I rinsed it well with aquarium water per instructions and have been soaking it for 2 days in a bucket of aquarium water with Microbacter. Issue and my concern is that the Bio Brick is is floating, so how the heck can Brightwell claim "Highest porosity and largest usable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere" if does not even allow water to flow through the media, or even penetrate it? Anyone else have, or tried their XPORT Bio Bricks?
I have just bought one . Yes I agree it flipping floats . Will see if it sinks . If not I will tie it down

Back