Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, I just received a response from Brightwells CEO, stating that he is sorry for the trouble and will send out a replacement ASAP. Cant beat that for customer service on a Sunday night!
That is amazing. What was his name? At MACNA San Diego I talked to Mr Kent who behaved like he ran BA and he was very proud of this stuff. He showed how it wicked up water like nothing comparable and water flows right through it. He was very proud of the Phd's that designed the chemical firing process. He was a good salesmen, which is why I have some in my sump. I hope he straightens your problem out, and now I'm hoping my sample doesn't disintegrate like Jonty's.

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep Jack Kent, super nice, I met him at MACNA San Diego also. I was very impressed with his presentation at MACNA as well. I was going to ask Jonty if his was XPORT or Marine Pure. I saw both at MACNA and Marine Pure was very brittle you could crumble it in your hands, the Xport appears much tougher.
Thanks

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would try Brightwell Aquatics XPORT BIO BRICK. I rinsed it well with aquarium water per instructions and have been soaking it for 2 days in a bucket of aquarium water with Microbacter. Issue and my concern is that the Bio Brick is is floating, so how the heck can Brightwell claim "Highest porosity and largest usable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere" if does not even allow water to flow through the media, or even penetrate it? Anyone else have, or tried their XPORT Bio Bricks?

I believe they are replacing bricks that are from a certain batch. Send them an email.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the marine pur 1 in blocks in my rear area of my AIO. I don't have enough room in my sump. Wanted the 4 in one but don't have room so I got two of the 1in blocks love them

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is Xport , the marine pure units I have do not do this. I ordered the first day they we out from marine depot

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is Xport , the marine pure units I have do not do this. I ordered the first day they we out from marine depot
I've heard crumbling about marine pure too. My guess is that if the shipping boxes are thrown about, no matter which kind of ceramic media is in the shipment, it's going to get damaged. Did you reach out to Brightwell?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't the bricks arrived in perfect condition the erosion occurred once placed in sump , took six weeks before it was apparent. I will see what Brightwell has to say.

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you using these?
Im having flow/ circulation issues in my mixed reef 120 gallon, and I'm am trying to remove as much live rock out as I can to improve flow, so I was wanting to make up for the surface area in my sump.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having flow/ circulation issues in my mixed reef 120 gallon, and I'm am trying to remove as much live rock out as I can to improve flow, so I was wanting to make up for the surface area in my sump.
Curious to see if you got your replacement brick and if you had the same issue.

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did receive a replacement and it is good. Brightwell stated they had a bad batch. I kept the old/defective one and it is a floating island in my sump. LOL

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back