Brightwell XPORT BIO BRICK: Need Help!

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would try Brightwell Aquatics XPORT BIO BRICK. I rinsed it well with aquarium water per instructions and have been soaking it for 2 days in a bucket of aquarium water with Microbacter. Issue and my concern is that the Bio Brick is is floating, so how the heck can Brightwell claim "Highest porosity and largest usable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere" if does not even allow water to flow through the media, or even penetrate it? Anyone else have, or tried their XPORT Bio Bricks?

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spun it, tried putting weights to hold it under water to no avail. Thanks.

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using Marine Pure? The adds Ive seen for them is the water flows straight thru the blocks, and that was what I was expecting with Brightwells Brick, not so it just runs off.

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I was going to get, but the claims for the XPORT BIO Brick sounded to good to be true, I guess the old saying is true.

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will put an order in now, I got it threw BRS, I have a message into both BRS and Brightwell Aquatics. How do you have your Marine pure, plates or balls, do you have them setup passively, or with flow thru? Im switching out my refugium eliminating the Cheto and just adding the bio blocks. I got tired of the cheat breaking up and pugging up my bio pellet and carbon reactors.

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My block is just sitting in my sump, medium flow area.. Dont think water has to actually flow thru it like a filter, just place it in the sump..

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2644.JPG

OP
OP
Dreamkeeper

Dreamkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it just sits there, it doesn't float? LOL
Thanks for the feedback and pics!
Happy Reefing!

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would try Brightwell Aquatics XPORT BIO BRICK. I rinsed it well with aquarium water per instructions and have been soaking it for 2 days in a bucket of aquarium water with Microbacter. Issue and my concern is that the Bio Brick is is floating, so how the heck can Brightwell claim "Highest porosity and largest usable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere" if does not even allow water to flow through the media, or even penetrate it? Anyone else have, or tried their XPORT Bio Bricks?
I bought the BA Xport Bio dimpled brick a few weeks ago. It soaked up the water perfectly and has never tried to float. It sank like a brick. I did cut mine in half because I was going to put some in two different tanks. Not sure if that made a difference. I'm thinking not. Something must be wrong with yours

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wait what! Can you take a pic

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a month my bricks just started to fall apart like it was sand, threw them both out

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Brightwell Xport plate, and it definitely does not float. That sounds like a possible defect that trapped a large air pocket in yours.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bio plate. Like described above water runs right through it. No problems getting it to sit on the bottom of my sump.

Back