Brocks IM Nuvo 50 Lagoon

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has arrived!

CD8820CC-69E8-4671-AF5F-63E888FEF1D5.jpeg
More pictures please! What condition is it in?

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pictures please! What condition is it in?
Honestly the quality in general of everything is so much better.
There was one piece of the stand that had a ding in it, that was clearly from a forklift. I’m glad I went with the black stand, it is very nice looking.
I’ll get some pics up in the next few days when I get everything out together.

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the quality in general of everything is so much better.
There was one piece of the stand that had a ding in it, that was clearly from a forklift. I’m glad I went with the black stand, it is very nice looking.
I’ll get some pics up in the next few days when I get everything out together.
Good I’m happy for you.

higorc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude, just found and read your whole thread, it gave me chills and brought back memories of a similar nightmarish experience I had ordering a custom tank from Cadlights 5 years ago.

I was between a Waterbox 7226 or a Redsea 650P last year and decided to go with Redsea because of their track record. Boy am I glad I went with Redsea after reading up on this and a few other threads out there.

My Redsea 650P has been up and running going on 6 months now and I love it. Sorry for you going through all that, I know exactly how it feels. On the other hand I am sure you will love the Redsea peninsula, I know I have :)

Following your thread now. Here's a pic of mine, hope you don't mind :D

cTnQINJ.jpg

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, just found and read your whole thread, it gave me chills and brought back memories of a similar nightmarish experience I had ordering a custom tank from Cadlights 5 years ago.

I was between a Waterbox 7226 or a Redsea 650P last year and decided to go with Redsea because of their track record. Boy am I glad I went with Redsea after reading up on this and a few other threads out there.

My Redsea 650P has been up and running going on 6 months now and I love it. Sorry for you going through all that, I know exactly how it feels. On the other hand I am sure you will love the Redsea peninsula, I know I have :)

Following your thread now. Here's a pic of mine, hope you don't mind :D

cTnQINJ.jpg

That is gorgeous!! Lets see the sump area!

Man it has been a complete crap shoot. I should have just went with my gut and got the Red Sea like I originally planned. There is so much that I didn't even post about too.

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, that's a heck of a tale. Glad to see a tank finally showed up, even with some wear and tear. I'm going to be right behind you, my 650P is going to be delivered next week I believe (should ship tomorrow). Fingers crossed it comes in solid. Threads like yours (many, many threads like yours) are why I ended up going with Red Sea right from the get go. The Waterbox looked tempting but man... so many threads of issues.

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, that's a heck of a tale. Glad to see a tank finally showed up, even with some wear and tear. I'm going to be right behind you, my 650P is going to be delivered next week I believe (should ship tomorrow). Fingers crossed it comes in solid. Threads like yours (many, many threads like yours) are why I ended up going with Red Sea right from the get go. The Waterbox looked tempting but man... so many threads of issues.
It’s hit or miss because my WB peninsula 5526 came in great condition.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just haven’t had luck with your orders. I hope that you get some relief soon!
Thanks Nick. I sure hope all the bad luck is over....I just hope to to heck this tank doesn’t leak

Yeah it’s too bad,cause the tanks do look great. The stands are over engineered and have viewing from both sides which is really nice but good lord did I get crapped on over and over, even in the end they screwed me on the refund. So happy it’s over though.

It’s hit or miss because my WB peninsula 5526 came in great condition.
Exactly, I’m just glad yours worked out for you.

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, it's not that they can't be good, its that there's so many who had issues. Do you want to buy an amazing tank that comes in with issues 50% of the time, or an *almost* as good tank that comes in with issues 10% of the time.

I think I came across 1-2 threads (on here and other sites, or in reviews on sites that sell them) about issues with 650P's on delivery but maybe 25-30 Waterbox ones.

jbarn1225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my peninsula 650, I think you'll be happy with your choice once it's all set up.

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Nick. I sure hope all the bad luck is over....I just hope to to heck this tank doesn’t leak

Yeah it’s too bad,cause the tanks do look great. The stands are over engineered and have viewing from both sides which is really nice but good lord did I get crapped on over and over, even in the end they screwed me on the refund. So happy it’s over though.

Exactly, I’m just glad yours worked out for you.
They screwed your on your refund??? What happened? That’s insane wow.

LBCobra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just finished reading your thread. That’s insane... I almost went with the waterbox too but didn’t really like their sump setup.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little frosty from being outside in the garage in the negative degree weather..So she will acclimate to temperature until tomorrow just to be safe.

Then I’ll do a half fill and hope for no leaks.

3523988E-6533-4982-8CE5-23D4D3F897FA.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back