Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters...

B63E426B-9F93-47F0-BD85-E23C605761B0.jpeg

Got a leak when I refilled it. So took it out and put silicone all around that first chamber, may not look the best but if it don't leak, I'll be happy.
CF944D68-C517-4A8F-90AD-E695FA6D01D1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I had to drain and move the tank ( the original stand had a bow in it)
IMG_4331.jpeg

Moved, finally....boy that was hard to do by myself.
58312092699__8C5AB344-1984-4BFB-8109-7C99053EA956.jpeg

Let's get this roller in! Nothing like cutting out glass from your sump....and causing it to leak....lot of silicone to ensure that won't happen anymore.

IMG_4392.jpg

Now to make some new structures.

C31C8647-54EB-40C2-A6EC-C75CBF3AF375.jpg

How about some fish flying protection.
IMG_4412.jpeg

Now let me get those beautiful lights up! @AquaticLifeProducts DX18 T5 hybrid paired with 3 @Red Sea LED90s

To get the 90s to fit on the standard brackets
  • Remove the plastic top on the lights ( it just pops off )
  • M4-40 screws will be replacing the stock screws
  • place plastic top back on
  • place bracket on
  • screw in the screws

IMG_4502.jpeg
IMG_4504.jpg
IMG_4505.jpg

Finally, she's back!

IMG_4508.jpg

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m excited to see how you like it and how it performs for you. I’ve been thinking about getting one, so I’m looking forward to seeing your experience.

What bulb combination did you go with?

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m excited to see how you like it and how it performs for you. I’ve been thinking about getting one, so I’m looking forward to seeing your experience.

What bulb combination did you go with?

For now,
BP
CP
ACT
BP

have to get some coals in there to see if I'm going to do away with the CP.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the WĀV pumps? I just saw that you are using them. I haven’t seen them in person, and I’ve been thinking about adding two to supplement my MP40s. I like that they can be angled and hook right up to the Apex via 1Link cables.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the WĀV pumps? I just saw that you are using them. I haven’t seen them in person, and I’ve been thinking about adding two to supplement my MP40s. I like that they can be angled and hook right up to the Apex via 1Link cables.
I like them a lot. I've had all kinds of pumps, mp40/60 gyre etc etc. I like these the most probably, especially the programmability within the apex.
yeah dude, plug and play, right into the EB32.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, what happened with your original stand or how was it bowed? Just curious - I had a heck of a time with my stand and getting things squared up. It's decent now, but I had to disassemble the stand and replace the front kick-plate then re-assemble.

Cheers, thanks!

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, what happened with your original stand or how was it bowed? Just curious - I had a heck of a time with my stand and getting things squared up. It's decent now, but I had to disassemble the stand and replace the front kick-plate then re-assemble.

Cheers, thanks!

the front panel had a pretty good bow to it ( a few other things as well). after some discussion with the customer service they decided to replace it.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
read your thread I have the RS 750 bought last year still empty due to a move coming up. thinking about the WB 5526 or the RS 500P

sorry you had a rough go at it. hopefully it's all over now.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh.....there has been a lot that has happened.....lets just say I have bleached the tank and equipment cleaned, pipes bleached....new sand and rock........total reboot...:(

OmriA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the start of my Waterbox Crystal Peninsula 6026....replaced with a 5526 build.

Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650 build!

Still a lot to do to get this baby up and running and things are already not going the way they should be, but heck lets go!

Onto the details!

Aquarium/Stand/Sump
WaterBox Crystal Peninsula 6026.....Well, now its a 5526.
Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650

Return Pump
Octo VarioS-8 Controllable DC Water Pump - Reef Octopus

UV
Pentair 40W with MightyJet pump

Powerheads
Neptune System WAV x2 - probably add a 3rd down the road

Filtration
ClariSea Roller SK5000

Lighting
(4) AI Hydra 26 HD + 3DReefing Diffusers
(3)RedSea ReefLED90
Aquatic life DX18

Substrate
Caribsea Bimini Pink- about 160lbs

Rock
Caribsea Life Rock- about 90lbs

Salt
Fritz Tropic Marin Pro

Skimmer
Nyos Quantum 160

Controller
Neptune System Apex

Automatic Top-off
XP Aqua Ultimate ATO
Neptune Systems ATK

Heating
(2) 200-watt EHEIM JÄGER
(1) 250-watt EHEIM JÄGER

RODI
7-stage

Reactors - to be bought
Nyos TORQ

Jump Protection
RedSea Cover Net Top

First- the floor needs to be reinforced, I sistered the joists in the basement under where the tank will be, going to block them as well. Also will put a support beam I think, we will see how that goes. Cant have a couple thousand pounds on the floor if it's not sturdy.

Second-The office where the tank will go, has carpet. So my buddy and I are going to rip that up soon and replace it with laminate - I know that tile is the preferred choice, but its really heavy and something I haven't done before. This is where just being on a slab would be really nice. The hardest part of this will be ensuring the floor is level- as the house is still settling.

Initial plans were to remove part of the wall separating the office and the living room to make the tank an in-wall-ish tank......that quickly changed and surely isn't happening, for now at least. The whole build has taken a back seat to the soon to be arrival of our baby girl....

Update on 1-14
Baby girl arrived safely, time to get back to work on this build!

Hopeful plans for the month of January with the waterbox.
  • Install the floor (14mm thick with 6mm cork underlayment)
  • leak test the sump
  • leak test the main display - LEAKED!!:mad:;Rage;Punch
  • build the cabinet and put it in the room/level it
  • get a few friends to move that huge tank onto the stand- level it/let it sit for a few days to see if it shifts at all/level it again
  • make a ridiculous amount of water for the tank
  • add sand, rock, water- and level it again....and again in 24hrs.- Thankfully I didn't add this and found the leak!

update- 2-14-2019
After this crap shoot with waterbox, being sent 3 stands that were "returned items" and a tank that leaked; all since November when I originally ordered, I finally asked for a refund. I was finally issued a partial refund and charged for an item that was "free" with my purchase. ridiculous.
Though the partial refund was not enough to cover the cost of a new tank, the amazing people at Saltwateraquarium.com ( Who I thankfully ordered the waterbox system through) worked with me after hearing about what happened with waterbox, and I ordered a Red Sea Peninsula 650 from them. Truly amazing people over there!
update- 4-4-2019
Ich,freaking Ich. Fallow period Begins.....be back in late June/Early July.
update- 6-24-2019
Hydras gone, Redsea LED90s+Aquatic Life DX18 will replace them.
Clarisea Roller SK5000
RedSea Cover Net Top
Moved the tank

Hey! I’m setting up a Red Sea Reefer Peninsula this weekend and was wondering why you switched the lights! It’s my last dilemma. Love the white hanging kit that comes with the deluxe but not sure about which lights to put in the hanging kit to make it look very clean and have great lights for a Low maintenance tank that will eventually likely become a mixed reef! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly just personal preference. I had T5s in the past and really liked them. truthfully I prefer them over the LEDs, but wanted a combo of both for this tank.

I went with the RedSea LEDs because they are more of a plug and play style, I dont need ( because I won't stop messing with the settings) control over every single color and % it is displayed. The RedSeas have their few programs and you can create you own with just a blue/white change, which is all that is needed.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back