OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it differ from the WB? What do you notice is better?

well, first off......

The RedSea didn't leak!! ;Smuggrin

as for Waterbox..
  • I was sent 3 different stands that were all "customer returns" (Seriously?!?)
  • I was told a crack in the Stand is not a big deal
  • I was told that a broken foot mounting hole is fine, there are a lot of feet on it just put it together and it'll be fine
  • I had to fight with customer service and the president of the company to get equipment replaced or sent to me.
  • I did get screwed over and had to pay for an item they provided free with the purchase of the tank..So yeah waterbox you still owe me $500.
  • I was contacted by them and asked to take down pictures that showed them I a negative way, that the tank leaked, that the stand was **** etc.
  • I could go on and on, it was a terribly disappointing tank purchase experience. I should have went with my gut and got the RedSea to begin with.
As for RedSea
  • I got a beautiful tank.

Stand differences.

The waterbox stand (because the sump is viewable from both sides, which is really nice) is a little more hefty and has about 20 more feet to adjust and thats a huge pain in the butt if you don't have the tools to do it. So I had to go buy tools to level the stand, crazy. If all 3 of the stands I was sent were not ****, preassembled, missing pieces, cracked, scratched, broken, etc. I think they have a really nice stand.

The RedSea stand is nice because you put the floor in last, and can adjust every foot with absolute ease, but the sump is only visible from one side. One piece was damaged in shipping, 10 minutes on the phone with customer service and my piece was on the way, no arguing, no BS, just good customer service.

they both use the same system for securing the wood pieces.

Sump Differences

Both sumps are great, Waterbox sump has the integrated ATO, which I didn't prefer at all and saw it as a waste of valuable sump space. It has some extra glass etchings and a few visibly appealing things. It has a divider, that is not adjustable, for the sump/fuge area is you choose to use it.

RedSea sump is simple, its just what's needed for a sump, 2 very large areas for skimmer and Fuge. also an adjustable area for each, which is nice. It also has an adjustable watertight for the skimmer side of those compartments. Redsea has the removable sock/filter cup trays. RedSea ATO is over the top of the sump ( an additional tank) and is movable on their rail system and will add water to the overflow area automatically from the ATO box , with its float valve system.

Tank/plumbing differences

Waterbox has a nice tank, the an etched in logo that is a nice touch. The silicon job was not the best...well the tank leaked, so the silicone job was crap. For a company that boasts quality, they certainly screwed that up with me.
Watebox wins in the plumbing pipes category, the check valve, integrated accessory for additional reactors, the flow adjustment is fluid.

Redsea has a really nice tank as well, you really can't go wrong with either glass. The Redsea has the corner seam protection on the bottom of the tank for protection and strength. I really wish they would have done that on the upright corners as well, that would certainly add to the protection of the silicone in the corners.
RedSeas plumbing is simple, has their own integrated overflow box attachment which makes it very easy to install the secure lock plumbing. Just no check valve, the clunky flow adjustment and no add on for reactor installs in the future.

is my experience skewed to say, F waterbox...heck yes. But I'm not trying to stop someone who wants a waterbox, from buying a waterbox. That company, im sure, have plenty of very happy customers. For me though, it was a crap shoot, a waste of time, unneeded stress, loss of money etc etc.
RedSea, for me, is where my business stays.

I cant forget to mention again, that if I hadn't have ordered from Saltwateraquarium.com, I would not have a tank at all. The "refund" (HA!) from waterbox was not enough to purchase another tank of similar design, size, etc. The people @SaltwaterAq are freaking amazing!!! They made sure i was taken care of, they were with me each step of the way and had my back. I really cant thank them enough.

Sorry @Sandbox, a little longer than im sure you expected. But this was the short version.

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, first off......

The RedSea didn't leak!! ;Smuggrin

as for Waterbox..
  • I was sent 3 different stands that were all "customer returns" (Seriously?!?)
  • I was told a crack in the Stand is not a big deal
  • I was told that a broken foot mounting hole is fine, there are a lot of feet on it just put it together and it'll be fine
  • I had to fight with customer service and the president of the company to get equipment replaced or sent to me.
  • I did get screwed over and had to pay for an item they provided free with the purchase of the tank..So yeah waterbox you still owe me $500.
  • I was contacted by them and asked to take down pictures that showed them I a negative way, that the tank leaked, that the stand was **** etc.
  • I could go on and on, it was a terribly disappointing tank purchase experience. I should have went with my gut and got the RedSea to begin with.
As for RedSea
  • I got a beautiful tank.

Stand differences.

The waterbox stand (because the sump is viewable from both sides, which is really nice) is a little more hefty and has about 20 more feet to adjust and thats a huge pain in the butt if you don't have the tools to do it. So I had to go buy tools to level the stand, crazy. If all 3 of the stands I was sent were not ****, preassembled, missing pieces, cracked, scratched, broken, etc. I think they have a really nice stand.

The RedSea stand is nice because you put the floor in last, and can adjust every foot with absolute ease, but the sump is only visible from one side. One piece was damaged in shipping, 10 minutes on the phone with customer service and my piece was on the way, no arguing, no crap, just good customer service.

they both use the same system for securing the wood pieces.

Sump Differences

Both sumps are great, Waterbox sump has the integrated ATO, which I didn't prefer at all and saw it as a waste of valuable sump space. It has some extra glass etchings and a few visibly appealing things. It has a divider, that is not adjustable, for the sump/fuge area is you choose to use it.

RedSea sump is simple, its just what's needed for a sump, 2 very large areas for skimmer and Fuge. also an adjustable area for each, which is nice. It also has an adjustable watertight for the skimmer side of those compartments. Redsea has the removable sock/filter cup trays. RedSea ATO is over the top of the sump ( an additional tank) and is movable on their rail system and will add water to the overflow area automatically from the ATO box , with its float valve system.

Tank/plumbing differences

Waterbox has a nice tank, the an etched in logo that is a nice touch. The silicon job was not the best...well the tank leaked, so the silicone job was crap. For a company that boasts quality, they certainly screwed that up with me.
Watebox wins in the plumbing pipes category, the check valve, integrated accessory for additional reactors, the flow adjustment is fluid.

Redsea has a really nice tank as well, you really can't go wrong with either glass. The Redsea has the corner seam protection on the bottom of the tank for protection and strength. I really wish they would have done that on the upright corners as well, that would certainly add to the protection of the silicone in the corners.
RedSeas plumbing is simple, has their own integrated overflow box attachment which makes it very easy to install the secure lock plumbing. Just no check valve, the clunky flow adjustment and no add on for reactor installs in the future.

is my experience skewed to say, F waterbox...heck yes. But I'm not trying to stop someone who wants a waterbox, from buying a waterbox. That company, im sure, have plenty of very happy customers. For me though, it was a crap shoot, a waste of time, unneeded stress, loss of money etc etc.
RedSea, for me, is where my business stays.

I cant forget to mention again, that if I hadn't have ordered from Saltwateraquarium.com, I would not have a tank at all. The "refund" (HA!) from waterbox was not enough to purchase another tank of similar design, size, etc. The people @SaltwaterAq are freaking amazing!!! They made sure i was taken care of, they were with me each step of the way and had my back. I really cant thank them enough.

Sorry @Sandbox, a little longer than im sure you expected. But this was the short version.
Wow! I'm really glad you took the time to write this review. I was torn between the two manufactures and in the end WB won out. I wish I could of seen them both in person to see if I like how one looks over the other. I'm really sorry you had this experience and I'm glad you found a tank that you love. I'm really lucky with mine, so far so good. I just cant comprehend in my head how this stand is holding up so much weight lol. I look forward to following your progress. Thank you again for the write up. I'm shocked about their customer service, I've always heard it was amazing...all I can say Is wow.

OP
OP
Brock0019

Brock0019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...we have ich.....80 days fallow starts today....
treating the DT with CP
QT is going to be treated with Copper Power.

:mad:;Rage

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%

Back