brown algae like strands on favia

  • Thread starter Thread starter lilfish717
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lilfish717

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2019
Messages
807
Reaction score
292
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favia coral has brown hair like algae coming out if them. What is this? Is my coral unhealthy? This happened around the same time to my first corals that died before.
 
Could be poop:D without a picture it’s tuff to say.
 
Could be poop:D without a picture it’s tuff to say.

Here's the pictures. Appears to be healthy, maybe losing a little bit of color. Had for about 2 weeks now, will be 3 this Friday. Definitely changing color since I had it, seems for the good as it was a dark green/pink and now appears to be alot more vibrant in colors especially from the side view. Maybe losing a little color in the middle though. The strands see in the middle of the coral. Thanks for the help. Anything is appreciated as I'm new to this and don't know much.

Screenshot_20190409-225919.png


Screenshot_20190409-225648.png


Screenshot_20190409-225624.png


Screenshot_20190409-225607.png


Screenshot_20190409-225557.png


Screenshot_20190409-225533.png


IMAG1151.jpg
 
Usually best under white lights
I changed the dimness of both colors dramatically for the pictures haha. I tried blue inky but they were nothing but green blobs were the outcome. Haha
 
Does it look like this?
2019_03_29_0028-XL.jpg


because I would like to know how to get rid of it too.
 
Does it look like this?
2019_03_29_0028-XL.jpg


because I would like to know how to get rid of it too.
Yup just like that, except mine sticks straight up and moves with the flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new