Brown deposits in mixed water

mudjawd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
43
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I set up a new tank last month and this is the first time I got my water from my LFS to do a water change tomorrow(4gallon water change, approx 25% of tank volume ). However I see that there is a brown deposit in the container(pic attached).
Please let me know if I need to worry about it. It is a reputed LFS (Big Al’s) so I am sure I didn’t get ****** stuff from them as they are pretty responsible bunch of people.

Also the salinity of the water they gave is 1.023 but my tank is at 1.024. I got Red Sea coral pro mix so that I can mix a little bit in this water to get to 1.024. They use fritz salt. Can I mix Red Sea coral pro salt to it?

to add I just have zoas, acans Duncan and gsp in my tank.

86C44FC9-65D5-4D96-91A8-C108EE5E8B00.jpeg
 
Hi all. I set up a new tank last month and this is the first time I got my water from my LFS to do a water change tomorrow(4gallon water change, approx 25% of tank volume ). However I see that there is a brown deposit in the container(pic attached).
Please let me know if I need to worry about it. It is a reputed LFS (Big Al’s) so I am sure I didn’t get ****** stuff from them as they are pretty responsible bunch of people.

Also the salinity of the water they gave is 1.023 but my tank is at 1.024. I got Red Sea coral pro mix so that I can mix a little bit in this water to get to 1.024. They use fritz salt. Can I mix Red Sea coral pro salt to it?

to add I just have zoas, acans Duncan and gsp in my tank.

86C44FC9-65D5-4D96-91A8-C108EE5E8B00.jpeg
I get a bit of brown crud in my mix bucket time to time, its Reef Crystals which are known for it, Fritz I don't know what the rep of that manufacturer is so....if you unhappy, or concerned I would either bring it back and ask, or at least give them a ring. You got this from the Scarborough or North York store? Both managers are pretty honest dealers in my experience....as for the point salinity difference, IMO it's not a huge deal, if it were a few points off then I would add to bring it up.
 
I got it from Scarborough location and I’ll agree that they are very ethical. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and ask.
 
I get a bit of brown crud in my mix bucket time to time, its Reef Crystals which are known for it, Fritz I don't know what the rep of that manufacturer is so....if you unhappy, or concerned I would either bring it back and ask, or at least give them a ring. You got this from the Scarborough or North York store? Both managers are pretty honest dealers in my experience....as for the point salinity difference, IMO it's not a huge deal, if it were a few points off then I would add to bring it up.
Thanks a lot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new