Brown deposits in mixed water

mudjawd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I set up a new tank last month and this is the first time I got my water from my LFS to do a water change tomorrow(4gallon water change, approx 25% of tank volume ). However I see that there is a brown deposit in the container(pic attached).
Please let me know if I need to worry about it. It is a reputed LFS (Big Al’s) so I am sure I didn’t get ****** stuff from them as they are pretty responsible bunch of people.

Also the salinity of the water they gave is 1.023 but my tank is at 1.024. I got Red Sea coral pro mix so that I can mix a little bit in this water to get to 1.024. They use fritz salt. Can I mix Red Sea coral pro salt to it?

to add I just have zoas, acans Duncan and gsp in my tank.

86C44FC9-65D5-4D96-91A8-C108EE5E8B00.jpeg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I set up a new tank last month and this is the first time I got my water from my LFS to do a water change tomorrow(4gallon water change, approx 25% of tank volume ). However I see that there is a brown deposit in the container(pic attached).
Please let me know if I need to worry about it. It is a reputed LFS (Big Al’s) so I am sure I didn’t get ****** stuff from them as they are pretty responsible bunch of people.

Also the salinity of the water they gave is 1.023 but my tank is at 1.024. I got Red Sea coral pro mix so that I can mix a little bit in this water to get to 1.024. They use fritz salt. Can I mix Red Sea coral pro salt to it?

to add I just have zoas, acans Duncan and gsp in my tank.

86C44FC9-65D5-4D96-91A8-C108EE5E8B00.jpeg
I get a bit of brown crud in my mix bucket time to time, its Reef Crystals which are known for it, Fritz I don't know what the rep of that manufacturer is so....if you unhappy, or concerned I would either bring it back and ask, or at least give them a ring. You got this from the Scarborough or North York store? Both managers are pretty honest dealers in my experience....as for the point salinity difference, IMO it's not a huge deal, if it were a few points off then I would add to bring it up.

OP
OP
M

mudjawd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from Scarborough location and I’ll agree that they are very ethical. I’ll give them a call tomorrow and ask.

OP
OP
M

mudjawd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a bit of brown crud in my mix bucket time to time, its Reef Crystals which are known for it, Fritz I don't know what the rep of that manufacturer is so....if you unhappy, or concerned I would either bring it back and ask, or at least give them a ring. You got this from the Scarborough or North York store? Both managers are pretty honest dealers in my experience....as for the point salinity difference, IMO it's not a huge deal, if it were a few points off then I would add to bring it up.
Thanks a lot.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back