Brown jelly disease on Goniopora?

GoniSoftintheBrain

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if this is BJD on my Goni, and if I need to do surgery . Or, Goni was previously on the sand, and clownfish liked to bury it—just damage from that?

711CAB0E-0226-4DCD-B56C-B8A23BAD907D.jpeg
 
good question
 
Hey,

It does look more like being buried and loss of polyps than disease. You can frag it by using a saw and cutting the base. If you do that mount it on something to avoid it from sitting on the sand. It would be best to get the dead skeleton off.

I would dip it earthier way to be safe and keep a close eye on it. Those golf balls have been hard for me to save one I see skeleton up that high.
 
Hey,

It does look more like being buried and loss of polyps than disease. You can frag it by using a saw and cutting the base. If you do that mount it on something to avoid it from sitting on the sand. It would be best to get the dead skeleton off.

I would dip it earthier way to be safe and keep a close eye on it. Those golf balls have been hard for me to save one I see skeleton up that high.
Thank you! Will get out the Dremel & the dip, & re-mount on rock. I can’t convince the clown pair to adopt the anemones in the tank instead of the gonis, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new