Brown Jelly Disease

  • Thread starter Thread starter uall8up
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
2,004
Reaction score
11
Location
Bloomington, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just had a very nice size branching duncan wiped out from this AWFUL problem. It all started from a mushroom rock I had purchased at a LFS, but the rock was fine for a couple of months. Now, my duncan is gone and I want to make sure the rest of the tank will be ok. What should I do? What do you know about this?


Thanks for any and all of the help!!!
 
I have had this happen with Elegance corals in the past Missy and the only thing I know of to do is to try to gently blow off the gunk with a turkey baster and up the flow around it a bit and try to stop the progression. There may be medications out there but I had never had luck with them. You can also put a blue filter pad in your sump to catch the gunk. Its very frustrating I know.
 
Try blowing it off with a turkey baster if you see any like Wendy stated. Don't let it go loose on your corals because it is contagious. If you think you have it under control don't panic as it most likely is gone. Just keep an eye out. Once you don't see it for few days you are most likely good. If you do have coral with it give it a dip in RX or iodine and it should help.
 
I actually took out the coral and gave it a dip in Rx and freshwater.....didn't work. So now that the duncan is wiped out, hopefully it is not on anything else. OH MAN that stuff stinks too!!! Thank you everyone. I hope this helps others too!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new