OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used KZ Flatworm Stop. A yellow coris wrasse is the real hero for flatworms, the KZ Flatworm Stop likely increases the slime coat for corals and makes it easier for your wrasse to pick them off. I don't think KZ on it's on will do that much, but it likely won't hurt, it gives whatever wrasse you have an advantage.

@Neo Jeo I was thinking of Melafix as a dip. There are treatments like UWC new AEFW treatment that are designed for in-tank treatment. I don't think UWC's Purge does anything on other flatworms, just mentioning because it's a rare "whole tank dip"
Thanks for the info. I’m not using KZ flatworm stop it’s called blue vet Flatworm Rx by blue life. I just don’t know how long to use it for. Is this the KZ product your referring too?

Edit: also I do like the idea of getting a yellow coris wrasse but its under fish only tank on LA.com. Do you think this will be an issue with my corals?

Last edited:

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I’m not using KZ flatworm stop it’s called blue vet Flatworm Rx by blue life. I just don’t know how long to use it for. Is this the KZ product your referring too?

Yeah, I used the KZ for a ~2 months and combined with a yellow coris wrasse, my large population of flatworms got wiped out. They haven't come back in a year.

Not familiar with blue life Rx. Flatworms are disconcerting, but I'm not sure it's the cause of brown jelly. Since neither I or my immediate friends have dealth with brown jelly, I can't give first hand experience.

Melafix is for bacterial and worm issues, so it's different than Bayer. So I immediately thought of it. It's ~$10 on Amazon Prime, so it might be worth some additional research.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I used the KZ for a ~2 months and combined with a yellow coris wrasse, my large population of flatworms got wiped out. They haven't come back in a year.

Not familiar with blue life Rx. Flatworms are disconcerting, but I'm not sure it's the cause of brown jelly. Since neither I or my immediate friends have dealth with brown jelly, I can't give first hand experience.

Melafix is for bacterial and worm issues, so it's different than Bayer. So I immediately thought of it. It's ~$10 on Amazon Prime, so it might be worth some additional research.

Thanks, I called my LFS and they have those wrasses in stock. Im going to try an madrien goby again. I think my huge brittle star ate him. I a have a ton of copepods.

I can't see my flatworms. They are SUPER small and almost clear. So I don't know if the RX is working. I dosed last night so I do I do a water change today? It says do a 25% change after results but I can't see the results lol

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: also I do like the idea of getting a yellow coris wrasse but its under fish only tank on LA.com. Do you think this will be an issue with my corals?

For whatever reason, LA has all of the Halichoeres wrasses under the "Fish Only" section. Some of the larger ones can be troublesome with shrimp and other CUC, but most of them are fine with corals. Yellow "coris" is one of the ones that generally are OK with shrimp and CUC as well. (Okay, sexy shrimp may come in for some hazing, but . . . they're pretty tiny.)

~Bruce

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason, LA has all of the Halichoeres wrasses under the "Fish Only" section. Some of the larger ones can be troublesome with shrimp and other CUC, but most of them are fine with corals. Yellow "coris" is one of the ones that generally are OK with shrimp and CUC as well. (Okay, sexy shrimp may come in for some hazing, but . . . they're pretty tiny.)

~Bruce
Thanks I picked up a yellow wrasse yesterday:)

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nem is splitting for the first time. What’s the odds? Maybe from the Flatworm RX? I did water change yesterday and another today with carbon running

D2C33E21-8E5B-4D33-942C-0EC1C5661883.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back