OP
OP
R

ReefinginOntario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay. After having a closer look at him there was significantly more tissue loss on his lower jaw that I didn’t notice over the past couple of days. No way it would recover and probably would have had a slow death. I opted to euthanize it as a humane solution. At least I’ll have formalin in the event something like this happens again.

How contagious wound you say this ailment is? While in quarantine he was with a yellow tang separated by a divider.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay. After having a closer look at him there was significantly more tissue loss on his lower jaw that I didn’t notice over the past couple of days. No way it would recover and probably would have had a slow death. I opted to euthanize it as a humane solution. At least I’ll have formalin in the event something like this happens again.

How contagious wound you say this ailment is? While in quarantine he was with a yellow tang separated by a divider.
Sorry to hear. I’ve only seen this external fungus a few times recently, never more than one case at a time, it didn’t seem to spread.
Jay

OP
OP
R

ReefinginOntario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. He was a beautiful lyretail anthias. Hopefully I can find another one almost as nice unless the dominant female starts to turn before I find one.

I really appreciate your help Jay. Valuable lesson for me in what to watch for and appropriate treatment. Unfortunately for us here in Canada it takes a little longer (if at all) to get proper meds and in cases like this every passing hour counts. Just bad luck for me and the fish that it happened to be an aggressive strain unresponsive to traditional antibiotics.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back