BRS 2-part dosing prices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is good....Along with my engineering degree I have a business minor...does that count? ;) It's funny how things go sidewise on all social sites. I think I'll stick to reading the chemistry forums and articles where controversy is kept to a minimum and I can just read, and not comment other than to ask questions and learn.
I for one appreciate the discussion. To bring it full circle, the prices we are experiencing across nearly every sector of the economy have almost nothing (imo) to do with industry specific or micro economic factors like venture-capital firms and the like. Instead it has everything to do with public policy ramifications of the supply chain disruptions caused by C19 response and monetary policy described by “modern monetary theory” which turns out is disastrous basically every time a government decides it can print as much money as is needed.

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one appreciate the discussion. To bring it full circle, the prices we are experiencing across nearly every sector of the economy have almost nothing (imo) to do with industry specific or micro economic factors like venture-capital firms and the like. Instead it has everything to do with public policy ramifications of the supply chain disruptions caused by C19 response and monetary policy described by “modern monetary theory” which turns out is disastrous basically every time a government decides it can print as much money as is needed.
I don't disagree with anything you stated above. Monetary policy is a problem, I believe over the last 2 years the Fed has put 30% more dollars in to circulation (printed). Fiscal policy is another issue and problematic as well, along with supply chain and everything mentioned . By the way, the first year of retirement I went to a local university and took all the classes to become a CFP for my own interests, fun to learn. I have no need to get the final certificate as it was only for my purposes and not having worked the required hours in the industry I could not go the last step, but the classes were very informative.

BRS is a microcosm and not an indicator of the whole. I believe as you say the what's going on with VC's etc. does not create a blip on the radar screen of the economy, and investment bankers / VC's have been part of the business cycle in one form or another for century's. My thoughts were more focused on where specifically BRS is today and I could well be wrong, but even Ryan said in a video he's walking away from the financial aspects of the business to focus on innovation and the hobbyist learning aspects, thus giving the financial reins to their parent company. I believe BRS has a well deserved good reputation in the industry, and based on their supportive customer base I think the financial guys are reviewing and testing the markets reaction, in this case to their in house brands? I have no doubt their costs have increased, but again I believe there are other factors as well, hence me comparing current prices of Fritz to BRS 2 part. Again, my apologies to BRS if I'm wrong, but my position, to me, is logical. I will continue to buy from BRS as they're good to work with, just not soda ash. :) And I promise to no longer beat a dead horse!

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t believe the price increase on my two part…I have been buying it for 12 years. It’s doubled. This is crazy! I have become dependent on BRS for this stuff. Other Cal/Alk manufacturers haven’t raised their prices like this. Pool companies still have the same pricing. If BRS can’t help, Time to get different stuff. I refuse to be ripped off by anyone.

Last edited:

View Badges
Make it yourself for cheaper ,recipes online think Mr. Randy has 1 or 2 here.

View Badges
Make it yourself for cheaper ,recipes online think Mr. Randy has 1 or 2 here.
Also 119 dollars for

E.S.V. B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System Concentrate Refills 8 gallon on Amazon.​

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back