BRS mini reactor question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to high phosphates, I’m going to be starting a GFO reactor. I’m going to buy the below setup from BRS, but not sure if I need to buy an additional fitting for the pump. I think I need a 1/2” male to 1/2” quick connect, but I want to make sure.
The reactor is going to be mounted to the back of the tank, with the pump inside my AIO fuge area.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to high phosphates, I’m going to be starting a GFO reactor. I’m going to buy the below setup from BRS, but not sure if I need to buy an additional fitting for the pump. I think I need a 1/2” male to 1/2” quick connect, but I want to make sure.
The reactor is going to be mounted to the back of the tank, with the pump inside my AIO fuge area.

I just ordered this for my office tank yesterday. It comes with everything you need, including the push connect fitting already in the pump! :)

IMG_1512.jpg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this reactor with the Sicce pump that is offered with it. I didn’t need any extra fittings. FYI they don’t recommend trying to tumble gfo in it because it’s too small. Instead, they recommend putting carbon and gfo together in the reactor. They are packed in the canister so the media doesn’t tumble. My tank looks the best it ever has as far as water clarity. I bought it originally just for gfo but after reading up on the BRS website and here, people said that when they ran gfo alone, the sponge at the top got clogged pretty easily. So far, I’m super happy with this little reactor.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this reactor with the Sicce pump that is offered with it. I didn’t need any extra fittings. FYI they don’t recommend trying to tumble gfo in it because it’s too small. Instead, they recommend putting carbon and gfo together in the reactor. They are packed in the canister so the media doesn’t tumble. My tank looks the best it ever has as far as water clarity. I bought it originally just for gfo but after reading up on the BRS website and here, people said that when they ran gfo alone, the sponge at the top got clogged pretty easily. So far, I’m super happy with this little reactor.
I saw that about this version and I was going to run GFO with the BRS ROX carbon. Ordered it today!

reefchevy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered this for my office tank yesterday. It comes with everything you need, including the push connect fitting already in the pump! :)

IMG_1512.jpg
Where did you order this pump to get it with the quick connect? How’s the noise level debating this or a manifold

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine up and running for 7 months and am very happy with it. The pump is silent unless it’s touching something in the sump, creating vibration noises. I fixed this by having the tubing to the reactor short enough that the pump is actually suspended above the sump floor. This has worked great for me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back