BRS - Ro/Di booster pump pressure switch possible issue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmneil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gmneil

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
156
Reaction score
32
Location
buffalo ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My booster pump constantly cycles on and off ever since I hooked up my booster pump with the pressure switch solenoid.
Even when my ro container is full using a float valve.

the container will fill up everything shuts off and then the booster pump constantly turns on for a couple seconds and then off every couple minutes.

I think this ruined my ro membrane as well as my tds was 1 past the membrane when I hooke dit up now it is 68 since I noticed this issue.

anyone know what my be wrong?
 
Pics of your plumbing setup will help a lot. There's no way to see what's going on or tell what the problem is without more information.
I would suspect a problem with how it's hooked up. The other possibility is a leak that's allowing the pressure to bleed off at the pressure switch, and turning it back on.
 
I have messed with the float valve multiple times, I have tried adjusting it also any tips on how I can check the valve incase I have been doing it incorrectly?
 
Did you ever get a fix or answer to this problem? I had the same issue - my booster pump continually cycles on and off. I noticed it while running my RO/DI and once the float valve triggered. In my case, problem was solved when I removed a check valve I had in the line between the RO/DI output and the float valve in my RO/DI container. I don't recall why I had the check valve there - probably read to do so somewhere - but pulling it stopped the booster pump cycling.
 
yes I solved it I actually just put a shut off in front of the float valve that fills my mixing container. I Also got a rodi shut off solenoid that came in a kit with an optical sensor from BRS for my ato container. haven't had a problem since. And my ro membrane has been holding steady this way.
 
Hello I’m having this same issue and after the system it goes through a check valve then the pressure switch then into my float valve/tank fully pressurizes and turns system off then seems float is bleeding pressure and re turning the system back on what can I do this is frustrating for now after the pressure switch I put a manual shut off and system doesn’t turn on so I’m assuming it’s a float valve issue
 
I ended up figuring the issue out I moved check valve to right after ro membrane and lowered pressure switch value and now stops and stays off when system turns off
 
never mind same issue started happening again i really need help this is my first ro system and i feel defeated
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new