BRS ro/di pressure gauge

  • Thread starter Thread starter chevy4w
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chevy4w

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
289
Reaction score
193
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS 4-stage to make my water and the unit has worked fine for 3 years now. However this morning I went to make some water and the gauge was stuck at 10 psi. I know the pressure in the house is good, always has been. So, I watched the TDS meter throughout making this water and all was good there. Then I shut the unit off and the gauge is still reading 10 psi. It seems to be stuck. Any way I can fix this or do I need another gauge?
Also, as I write this post I am flushing the membrane. Don't know it that's going to make any difference but I thought I'd try any way. Any input will be appreciated.

Bill
 
sounds like the pressure gauge is bad. my thought would be as long as the TDS is fine and you should be good to go
 
You can try pulling the gauge and flushing it with vinegar. If not its common for water gauges to go bad over time. Hard water speeds up that process.
 
Thanks for the input. They're cheap enough so probably purchase another one.
 
Thanks for the input. They're cheap enough so probably purchase another one.
Most of the gauges shipped standard are air filled. If you want a more reliable option, get the oil filled gauge.
On our barracuda at the store, the pressure gauge somehow pinned itself below the 0 and can't hop over that metal post to work again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new