BRS ro/di pressure gauge

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS 4-stage to make my water and the unit has worked fine for 3 years now. However this morning I went to make some water and the gauge was stuck at 10 psi. I know the pressure in the house is good, always has been. So, I watched the TDS meter throughout making this water and all was good there. Then I shut the unit off and the gauge is still reading 10 psi. It seems to be stuck. Any way I can fix this or do I need another gauge?
Also, as I write this post I am flushing the membrane. Don't know it that's going to make any difference but I thought I'd try any way. Any input will be appreciated.

Bill

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like the pressure gauge is bad. my thought would be as long as the TDS is fine and you should be good to go

shiftnation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try pulling the gauge and flushing it with vinegar. If not its common for water gauges to go bad over time. Hard water speeds up that process.

OP
OP
chevy4w

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. They're cheap enough so probably purchase another one.

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. They're cheap enough so probably purchase another one.
Most of the gauges shipped standard are air filled. If you want a more reliable option, get the oil filled gauge.
On our barracuda at the store, the pressure gauge somehow pinned itself below the 0 and can't hop over that metal post to work again

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back