BRS what's up with this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

silvernblackr35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics explain it all. I'm feeling pretty gypped here.

I wish I would have bought more of the old stuff because now you pay the same price for half as much. Density doesn't matter because the tsp per gallon instructions are still the same.
IMG_20190313_122423.jpg
IMG_20190313_122411.jpg

Last edited:

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time I had an issue with something I purchased from them it was taken care of immediately. All it took was a phone call... They even fix something for me that was completely my fault with no additional questions asked. BRS has always had top notch customer service in my experience.

OP
OP
silvernblackr35

silvernblackr35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, top notch customer service... maybe even the best. As a long time kalkwasser user on a fairly large tank this feels like a robbery though. I had a huge stock of the old stuff and didn't realize they changed the lineup.

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this is the case or not, as I don't use Kalkwasser; however, are they selling it by weight? Was there actually 4 lbs of it in there? Both packages say either 4.5 or 4 lbs respectively. I would still contact them if you have a concern. Just my 2 cents...

OP
OP
silvernblackr35

silvernblackr35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't mean to make a double thread sorry, mods can delete this one. BRS has replied to the other.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its like a bag of chips. if the bag says 1 pound and there is one pound of chips but the bag is only half full they werent lying its still one pound lol

Knix10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the old stuff as in non-pharmaceutical grade?

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see the other thread either. Did seem like last bag was small. I should check.
Agree BRS is awesome though.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I posted in the other thread if anyone is interested.

I looked into this a little more with our product team (Zack, who you may have seen here on the forums from time to time). When we brought in the new pharma grade kalkwasser we also were developing some new packaging for our BRS brand of additives. When that packaging was printed and eventually used to package the new kalk, the instructions remained the same as the old non-pharma product. In reality, the new pharma grade kalk is roughly twice as dense as the older product, so the instructions should list a max saturation of about 1 1/4 teaspoons rather than 2 teaspoons. We have new packaging on the way to resolve this. That said, the perception that you're getting much less than advertised is our mistake. Had the mixing instructions reflected the correct amount, you probably wouldn't have those concerns. For what it's worth, I did also weigh a few packages in our warehouse and they were all spot on at 4 lbs. Hopefully that clears things up a bit, but feel free to send us a reply or PM if you have any questions at all :)

Side note- (For those who have been using the 2 tsp mixing instructions with the newer kalk) there is only so much kalk that you can dissolve into a single gallon of water, so even if you were to add too much, it would simply settle out at the bottom rather than increase the water's potency.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back