BRS-WWC 750XXL Powerhead layout?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I was watching some of the Videos on the BRS-WWC 750XXL. In the videos you guys talked about the Powerheads but I couldn't find anything that talked about how many and where they are in the tank.

In general I would love to see a list of all the gear you guys are running in that tank and what type of maintenance you guys are doing to keep it running smooth. Of course lets just skip over the power outage and show how it's recovering.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I was watching some of the Videos on the BRS-WWC 750XXL. In the videos you guys talked about the Powerheads but I couldn't find anything that talked about how many and where they are in the tank.

In general I would love to see a list of all the gear you guys are running in that tank and what type of maintenance you guys are doing to keep it running smooth. Of course lets just skip over the power outage and show how it's recovering.

On the 750XXL, we're running four MP40s and two MP60s. Here is a quick shot of how we have them positioned on each side. With the rock work being pretty open in the front half of the tank, the stronger MP60s do a great job of creating some turbulent flow without blasting any corals directly.

IMG_1267 (002).jpg IMG_1268 (002).jpg

Here is a quick rundown of the notable equipment on this tank:

Return Pump: Abyzz A100
Powerheads: 4x MP40, 2x MP60 (w/ battery backup)
Skimmer: Reef Octopus Regal 200EXT (with Varios 2 feed pump)
Heaters: Finnex titanium. We do have a couple of fans installed as well to be used as necessary (programmed by the Apex)
Lighting: 10x Radion XR15
Controller: Apex w/ DOS for AWC
Dosing: Reef Octopus calcium reactor with carbon doser regulator, Kamoer dosing pump, and Apex as pH controller
Biological media: 6x Brightwell bricks
Mechanical filtration: Theiling compact roller mat
ATO: Tunze 3155

Maintenance on this tank has gotten easier since the early months. Aside from mixing up the occasional batch of saltwater, this tank gets the detritus blown from the rocks occasionally and testing is done regularly. Alkalinity once per day, calcium/magnesium 2x per week, temperature double checked 1x per day, salinity checked about 3x per week, and nitrates/phosphates 1x per week. Of course, we do have to replace consumables every so often like the CO2 canister, roller mat felt, etc. Per the BRS/WWC hybrid system, pumps are cleaned when they look dirty.

Hopefully that answers the questions that you had :)

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions so well. I really appreciate it. I look at that beast of a tank and drool.. also I see $ signs. But as many say, this is not a cheap hobby.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back