OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, got busy again. I'll post corals and whole tank plus stand project tonight. Thinking of remaking the stand though, want a taller one.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I have been dead for a while!
turns out that the mystery fish is a crested oyster goby
anyways just been thinking about my clown fish, they have grown a lot, one black ice orcelliels and a Picasso, Black ice is the female, she's grown twice her size and the male grew about a quarter more.
All attempts to let them host have failed.. any advice?

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds silly, but i printed a picture of a clown in a nem and put it on the side of my aquarium. Might be coincidence but a week later they were scrubbing around in my nem!

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds silly, but i printed a picture of a clown in a nem and put it on the side of my aquarium. Might be coincidence but a week later they were scrubbing around in my nem!
No I have heard from many people that works, one thing I haven't tried, never been able to get fish to look at "examples" in the past for much more than a second
best example is trying to get my betta to flare for exercise, he really only flares when he's startled (or if I dare add help (snails, shrimp, cleaning fish) to his palace)

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while, been ups, been downs, been UPS...... Messing up my deliveries... anyways I got some new fish literally a few days ago, a yellow clown goby, a valinteni puffer and a Tomitomi Bristle Tang.
The reason why I'm posting is because I hatched a plan, a plan to a pretty bad problem. Nutrients out of wack, water change after water change, carbon, filter change, nothing, corals dying. Tonight I'm building a "triton filter"!
The basic idea is I'm going to take a large mushroom/nem box I have, put magnets on it, make a sand bed and scatter rubble. I ordered a bunch of macro algae for the 2nd....
It's odd both of my nems are doing fine (my BTA is flourishing actually) and live stock is happy as ever
zoas are struggling (harliquinn isn't killing starfish fast enough)
and for some odd reason my GSP frag is acting weird and my GSP colony is getting covered in algae, I wipe it off and it's just fine but then like a week later it's covered again
Also my wonderful wall hammer has been preforming polyp bail out, I'm considering it a loss....
still I need to get this whole thing in check, with water changes, chemical filtration, and a new method of even more bio filtration
I think my tank might be going into a good place
still all the polpys that bailed are doing fine on their own.... Maybe I will have 3 more colonies after this is over? expensive hammers anyone?

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah.... made me consider really what I'm doing in the hobby.....
But the harsh reality is that you cannot go without loss
Ive had times like that also, just have to remember how rewarding it is when you get things going correctly

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in a low period since last update, triton filter is done, ulva chocked all other macros out, some red galarica and a tiny bit of cheaoto, clumps of brown galarica but it really is just a giant box of Ulva. It's funny, there's so much that when I throw some out to feed it's there for a few days, fish are getting too much! Two zoa frags live, some growth but it's still a battle of stars getting close. Every tube snail is dead, that battle thankfully is over.
Algae has been all over the glass, been too busy to clean anything but the front, it looks really bad. Still considering giving up on the hobby seeing how much getting the new tank up is going to be.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some stuff for pacific east aquaculture. Been wanting to buy from them for a while (heck got the premium too because you get a frag with it, literally pays for itself at the first order) but they posted a deal that was just perfect for me.
they are running the "love your tank" promos and stuff and I REALLY need some help to love my tank again!
but this pack is nice, I need a new CUC and a pod refresh, live sand for a bacteria refresh and some corals to help me back on track.
All that survived coral wise (not counting nems) is a small GSP frag and a single zoa polyp so I've been really missing corals

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I came across a great deal for some SPS that are dream corals to me and obviously my lights are not going to keep acros.
So I was looking for a new cheap light, decided on getting a narrow lens kessile a360 par was just fantastic
just came in today it's lighting half my tank and the orbits doing the other
I'll post photos today, I think I might already purchase another one friday and replace those orbits fully

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just finished a live sale, getting two acros and a ORANGE BRANCHING HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it won't crash out of no where like the wall hammer does. Got it on sale (obviously) no way would I pay 600+ for a coral
Also got those three sps coming this week!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back