BTA Advice. Tips are not bulbs any more

Kieko250

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I recently purchased a BTA about a month ago. It had round bulbs with small tips. Now the tentacles are extended and long. No more bulb tips. Water parameters are normal. I feed it raw
Shrimp once a week. Tank has been up for about 16 months now.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’d suggest feeding less food more often. Like a small piece of frozen food 2x per week. I have heard bad things about feeding shrimp to anemones, maybe switch to fish meat or frozen foods :)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubbles will come and go and cannot be controlled. The presence of bubbles is not an indicator of health. I'd only recommend target feeding to promote faster growth. Otherwise, btas require no supplemental feeding.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I recently purchased a BTA about a month ago. It had round bulbs with small tips. Now the tentacles are extended and long. No more bulb tips. Water parameters are normal. I feed it raw
Shrimp once a week. Tank has been up for about 16 months now.
The same thing happened to me with my BTA’s. No matter what I did the bulbs would go away. I had them almost 20 years.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine switch from bubbles to no bubbles and back again frequently throughout the year. I also get random spawning events which makes a big tank chemistry change causing them to stay changed for months.

The long tentacles definitely makes them look nice and full, but the bubbles looks pretty.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious on feeding them. They can actually be fed too much/big of a piece which could cause harm. My anemone was stringy for the longest time. I tried to move him from the rock (unsuccessfully) without damaging his foot, and now he is all bubbly lol. No one really knows why this happens. Lots of theories though. Some of the healthiest BTA’s I’ve seen are super stringy. Here’s a pic of some amazing stringy/bubbly ones.
E5EAD081-8361-4F1F-BE16-9748A38B19B6.jpeg

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it really matters or is an indication of anything... consider the fact that one anemone might be half bubbled up and the other half of its tentacles are long.... like the one pictured above.

As long as your Nem seams healthy, I'd be happy.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it really matters or is an indication of anything... consider the fact that one anemone might be half bubbled up and the other half of its tentacles are long.... like the one pictured above.

As long as your Nem seams healthy, I'd be happy.
THIS.

Back