BTA Anemone question

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between an acid wash ultra Rainbow BTA, ultra rainbow bta, and just a normal rainbow bta??? Looking at photos they all look very similar in coloration??

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1BD68EE9-9102-4A0F-8D10-3C3F50FC1FA1.jpeg

Ultra rainbow BTA’s under white and blue light.

Attachments

• E74D29D1-619C-481F-8CBD-6902D904427D.jpeg
    E74D29D1-619C-481F-8CBD-6902D904427D.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 28

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe nothing. Names don't mean much until you start to get in the expensive ones and then lineage and real names are a big deal. If you like one buy it... but if you are looking at a true Colorado Sunburst or Lemon Drop, then make sure that they are the real deal.

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe nothing. Names don't mean much until you start to get in the expensive ones and then lineage and real names are a big deal. If you like one buy it... but if you are looking at a true Colorado Sunburst or Lemon Drop, then make sure that they are the real deal.
My main reason for asking is we got one on sale for $50. It was labeled as a rainbow BTA but (idk how true this is) I was told if it has specs that appear like sparkles it’s an ultra rainbow? Which ours does. It’s not that big a deal either way, it’s super pretty and we love it but I was just curious if maybe we got an ultra by accident

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow BTA is a name for any generic BTA with more than one color... and usually three. Some vendors have further named them, but most of them are the same and the ones that are not need the lineage back to that vendor to really have the name.

There are some BTAs that command high dollar and the name matters, but rainbows are not one of them. Just buy what you like and enjoy it.

I will caution that some BTAs don't do well with others, of if you catch the bug, then do your homework before you spend a lot on one of them. One of the reasons why some types are so expensive is that they die for a lot of people often in the presense of other BTAs. The more reasonably priced ones don't usually have this issue.

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow BTA is a name for any generic BTA with more than one color... and usually three. Some vendors have further named them, but most of them are the same and the ones that are not need the lineage back to that vendor to really have the name.

There are some BTAs that command high dollar and the name matters, but rainbows are not one of them. Just buy what you like and enjoy it.

I will caution that some BTAs don't do well with others, of if you catch the bug, then do your homework before you spend a lot on one of them. One of the reasons why some types are so expensive is that they die for a lot of people often in the presense of other BTAs. The more reasonably priced ones don't usually have this issue.
Yeah retail of the one we got is 299. This was an early Black Friday sale we got it from. Not really sure. Probably just a typical rainbow. It’s pretty regardless! Thanks for the help! :)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between an acid wash ultra Rainbow BTA, ultra rainbow bta, and just a normal rainbow bta??? Looking at photos they all look very similar in coloration??
Lol retail 300 black friday 50, it is because they should always be around 50 for regular rbta. The ultras or supers added are more as a bs way to make people think they should be worth more than a "regular" rbta

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol retail 300 black friday 50, it is because they should always be around 50 for regular rbta. The ultras or supers added are more as a bs way to make people think they should be worth more than a "regular" rbta
Still doesn’t help in answering I guess what the difference is. Or really is there no difference

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no set, universally accepted nomenclature. "Ultra" denotes nothing specific other than the seller believes it's a cut above the rest. A different seller might just call it a rainbow. You need to see the difference for yourself, not rely on vague adjectives. If a BTA has speckles, I call it speckled, not "Ultra".

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doesn’t help in answering I guess what the difference is. Or really is there no difference
the difference is up to the seller, sometimes they lie and sometimes they are more exaggerating the truth. Very rarely do i see an ultra or super bta be any different than any listed for around $50, IME, but they do come around. Most of the time people give it a different name though like sunburst for example

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back