BTA capacity in Nano

HippoMonstrosity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5G Nano set up and my 1 Ruby BTA decided to split suddenly. I now have 3 BTAs and even though my clowns love it, I'm not quite sure what to do. It's been about a week and a half and all 3 look healthy and mostly healed from what I can tell. I'm being religious about dosing my tank with stabilizer to trying to maintain steady parameters. Obviously I'm feeding them separately, but is there anything else I should be doing now that I have triple the BTAs? I can't imagine more Anemones will cause a shift in my parameter, right? How long should I wait before I try to remove them from my tank? I don't want to hurt them, any tips from removing them from rocks?

Incidentally. If Anyone near S.E. MN wants a cheap BTA...

image1 (2).jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold an ice-cube to their foot, or point a powerhead at them. They will release.

You’re probably fine with them in there unless they grow a lot

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll be fine. I have 8 of them in a 10 gallon IM AIO, and all of them are happy campers...

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 rbta in a 14g too. From what I can't tell they don't take much from the water so I don't think you can have too many per say. Unless your afraid of stinging other coral or inhabitants. I would stop feeding the anenomes, that will cause your water more problems than the nems themselves. Especially if you don't want them to split anymore. I broadcast feed a good frozen food once a week and they get a good feeding then and when they can snag some pellets from my clowns. I noticed I was overfeeding when I target fed each nem. They ate what they could and spit the rest out. I'm sure most overfeed and feed food too large. It's just not worth it ina nano imo.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several friends that do nems in small tanks with good lighting. All say they do well.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 97 76.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back