BTA expelled this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Depo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Greg Depo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2019
Messages
294
Reaction score
143
Location
Indianapolis
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was watching my BTA and all the sudden this egg like pouch came out of the center of its mouth. It was blowing around the tank until I caught it. Any ideas on what it is and if the nem is in trouble? I posted something yesterday in this subcategory about the bta stretching towards the lights and looking paler than normal. Thanks guys.

IMG_1190.jpeg
 
They will regurgitate food that is too big. Probably ate something. Snail perhaps. I have also noticed they tend to control the zooxanthella very well, so perhaps the extra energy intake from the food allowed it to expel some zooxanthella it felt it didnt need.
 
Agree on food. Mine does that when (very rarely) I feed it directly. In general, I am in the category of not feeding my nems. They eat whatever they catch floating by and whatever clownfish bring them.
 
I agree that it's probably something that it ate. Are you missing any fish? As previously mentioned, a snail is a good guess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new