BTA split today!

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was excited and happy to see my BTA split today and the main portion moved to a new section of the rock. The new section remained in the original spot but started deflating ... its to the point I cant see it anymore in the rock. I know my BTA has some crazy swings when it was new. With the new section, perhaps it needs to acclimate and it will come out again? I thought I should I start my lighting acclimation process again (AI Prime HD in a Fluval Evo 13.5 Gal). Let me know what you did when you BTA split.

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read a good amount about these guys lately ( had one that wants to roam all of a sudden and look like he was about to die) and it's my understanding that you shouldn't change anything. Might want to make sure params are good, as to why he split, but other than that consistency is those best friend.

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just left everything alone. Mine split into 3, the main piece remained in the same spot the other 2 moved around and hid for a few days. Everything was fine.
As to your parameters, sometimes they split when they're stressed, other times they split when everything is just right for them, or a big meal. Just stay consistent

OP
OP
S

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, just going to watch it and see how it goes. The main BTA is happy as ever...though it wants to host my clowns but they have no interest it in. :(

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it some time. They actually rip themselves apart when they split, so I am sure it is kind of traumatic experience for them lol. They can act weird from time to time as well.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine split a couple weeks ago and took about a week for one of them to come out and now it's thriving.

Y2kong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll usually recover after splitting. Give it a few days.

OP
OP
S

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a few weeks, the old part disappeared and hasn't returned. I guess when he moved, he left a section of himself and it never came back...strange.

Back