BTA stopped mid split.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This green BTA started splitting about 2 weeks ago and has totally stalled out. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Will is finish splitting or heal back together?

It's kind of hard to see, but I would say its maybe a 1/4 split.
IMG_3035.jpeg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably was shocked by new params, then adjusted.
You could feed larger pieces of food or more often and that will probably stress it enough to continue.

I've only had this happen once over the years, but it was a mag going through treatment, and it just never seemed right, but BTA is probably a lot more forgiving in that area.

OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m not terribly worried about it, just thought it was curious. I did lower my alk over several days by about 1dkh, but I’m not sure what other parameter could have changed to shock it. The other 7-8 bta’s were unaffected by it.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more like a rip that healed instead of a natural split. Most BTAs either split from the foot up or pinch themselves into a figure-8 shape, then split apart. I rarely see them split from only one side.

I picked up a magnifica that was still attached to a rock. During transport it got ripped almost to the mouth and I thought I'd have two nems. But the nem recovered and was able to piece itself back together.

OP
OP
P

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy finally finished splitting about 2 days ago. Each split appears to be healthy, just no clue why it took almost 4 weeks lol

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back