BTA

vayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. You probably get asked this question a lot.. yet I am thinking about this constantly. I currently possess a nano tank, with two clowns, a GPS, and few chromis.

Ive kept them for around 3 months so far, no deaths and the fish seem very happy.

I am doing research but id love to read your inputs about buyinga BTA.

They seem very delicate fantastic beings, and I am scared to buy them.. maybe that is enough indicator to not buy them, yet they are gorgeous and I feel like my clowns would love to get one.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. You probably get asked this question a lot.. yet I am thinking about this constantly. I currently possess a nano tank, with two clowns, a GPS, and few chromis.

Ive kept them for around 3 months so far, no deaths and the fish seem very happy.

I am doing research but id love to read your inputs about buyinga BTA.

They seem very delicate fantastic beings, and I am scared to buy them.. maybe that is enough indicator to not buy them, yet they are gorgeous and I feel like my clowns would love to get one.
If you plan to get one, I suggest getting a split from a local reefer. They are usually more resilient and do very well in our glass boxes.

What size tank do you have? Is it the 17 gallon in your build thread? if so, i think a single BTA in that will be fine.

Just remember, once you get a nem, the tank is a nem tank. It will go where it wants and walk over anything it wants.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and what lighting?

If they have stable conditions and good lighting, they are fairly easy to care for. They do get large though and may sting/kill corals in a small nano. My BTA once got to 24 inches across... was touching the front and back of my 80g. It finally split in two. Still big though! They can walk around and sting whatever they please. So in a small nano, it depends if you want a tank with a BTA or a tank with a bunch of different corals.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are quite hardy in established and stable tanks and require a medium amount of lighting. Clowns usually take to them, but not always. They can be sustained by just the light and semi-routine water changes to replace traces and stuff. Most are resistant to higher levels of N and P, but will suffer it they get too high.

If your tank is stable, has enough light and is in a place where coralline is growing, then you can probably get one.

Just be cautious to have the right guards and screens on your pump since they can walk into pumps and get shredded... usually at night.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
among everything people are saying, 1 thing.

BTAs can (and will) move around. In a smaller tank it can lead to them stinging corals (and/or getting stung themselves), so be mindful of that risk too.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back