OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, need some inspiration! Can you give us the run down of the gear you're using?
I have the Waterbox 10 Gallon all in one, a radion gen 4 xr15, JBJ Auto top off, and a Jebao SLW-10. I am happy with everything so far but I do wish I went with a MP10 for flow instead.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Waterbox 10 Gallon all in one, a radion gen 4 xr15, JBJ Auto top off, and a Jebao SLW-10. I am happy with everything so far but I do wish I went with a MP10 for flow instead.

Where did you put the SLW and what sort of pattern/schedule are you running?

I'm doing an IM 10 SPS tank right now and the time has come to choose sand or no sand. I have the MLW-5 (just set to random, so from 250 to 790gph depending), but wondering if it's going to be a sandstorm in there if I add sand. I don't really want to sacrifice flow if I don't have to.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you put the SLW and what sort of pattern/schedule are you running?

I'm doing an IM 10 SPS tank right now and the time has come to choose sand or no sand. I have the MLW-5 (just set to random, so from 250 to 790gph depending), but wondering if it's going to be a sandstorm in there if I add sand. I don't really want to sacrifice flow if I don't have to.
I ordered it off amazon. The mode is called W2 and the pattern looks like a tidal swell. I have it on 40% power with sand and I am not experiencing a sandstorm.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited about a month.

Unfortunately someone at my work got covid and when they cleaned everything with lysol it got in my tank and killed everything. I did a 100% water change and things seem good again but I have to rebuy everything.

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I waited about a month.

Unfortunately someone at my work got covid and when they cleaned everything with lysol it got in my tank and killed everything. I did a 100% water change and things seem good again but I have to rebuy everything.
dang...covid kills corals too? :anxious-face-with-sweat:

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUBBA WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
Hopefully not for too much longer!

Working around corals all day can take the excitement out of the hobby but lately I’ve been excited about getting some new corals.

My tank at home has been running for a couple years not really doing much with it but I’ve ordered some new sticks. I’m hoping sharing pics again will keep my excitement going!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kidding around aside; how's that work aquarium doing? Recover okay after the issue?
I never ended up putting anymore coral in it as I knew I wouldn’t stay late after work testing and maintaining it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back