OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I took actinic pics of some corals in the display. I wanted to take a few of the ones in the frag tank I am growing out.

WD
Actinic Walt disney May 3.jpg

Unknown. I tried to get the polyps to close so you can see the gold streaks underneath.
Actinic unknown May 3.jpg

Shortcake
Actinic Strawberry shortcake May 3.jpg

I got this from Adam last week. Bubblebath Unicorn
Actinic Bubblebath unicorn May 3.jpg

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every picture post you make is fantastic. Love that unknown :)

McPikie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some absolutely amazing pieces there Bubba, I am certainly envious. We don't get anything like those over here in the UK.

Do you think going from a frag, rather than a mini colony, gives you a better chance of the corals basing out?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some absolutely amazing pieces there Bubba, I am certainly envious. We don't get anything like those over here in the UK.

Do you think going from a frag, rather than a mini colony, gives you a better chance of the corals basing out?
I am not sure but possibly. My frags all seem to base out a ton and the only mariculture colony I bought didn't base out much. I have very limited experience with buying colonies to give you a good answer.

McPikie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure but possibly. My frags all seem to base out a ton and the only mariculture colony I bought didn't base out much. I have very limited experience with buying colonies to give you a good answer.

I've been trying to buy more frags than anything else recently, and I always search for the ones that have based out best on their plug as a sign of being settled and healthy. I might try to nip a few pieces off and glue them direct to the rock, see if they settle out better.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to improve my photography skills. What equipment and settings are you shooting?
I am just learning also, so I don't know too much. I am using an old Nikon D3000 (which are really cheap now) with the standard 18-55 lens it comes with and I bought a 55-200 lens I use when the pics look close. I shoot in raw and then post process in Lightroom, so the settings don't mean much besides aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Which those always are changing depending on what I'm trying to take a pic of and how much light there is.

I spent some time reading the photography forum to try and learn the basics. Then I've been trying to mess around to improve. Once you start taking pics it becomes pretty addictive.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauties!! I wish we could get some of the tenuis and milli's and especially the deepwaters that you guys can get from Indonesia!! Don't get me wrong. I love Aussie corals haha but there's a couple of species that I'd REALLY love haha Angry Birds is one of them haha

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauties!! I wish we could get some of the tenuis and milli's and especially the deepwaters that you guys can get from Indonesia!! Don't get me wrong. I love Aussie corals haha but there's a couple of species that I'd REALLY love haha Angry Birds is one of them haha
You guys are not allowed to import any corals ?

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, what time in your lighting schedule do you find best for taking photos? Spectacular pictures and congrats on the AB can’t wait to see it mature into a Grumpy Bird.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, what time in your lighting schedule do you find best for taking photos? Spectacular pictures and congrats on the AB can’t wait to see it mature into a Grumpy Bird.
I do it with all lights on for daylight pics and when I did the actinic, I did it with just the 2 SB reef bars on. My camera is not good when there isn’t much light and having to turn the iso up makes the pics look real grainy, so I prefer to do it with all lights on but the actinic is more fun.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back