Bubble algae on clam shell

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local shop selling a calm for cheap but it's she'll has lot of bubble algae on it. Should I get it or pass?

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a good person to ask.
I would tell you to buy it. I have a bivalve problem.

In cases like that qt is a good thing. Vibrant would zap that.

A little bubble algae is nothing. Easy to remove as well. Every store has some kind of algae or pest, no matter how big they are. I'd say buy without hesitation.
A little bubble algae is nothing. Easy to remove as well. Every store has some kind of algae or pest, no matter how big they are. I'd say buy without hesitation.

Hehehe thanks. I read about the buble algae in this forum and bought it, it's darn cheap probably the dude didn't even know anything about clam, I don't either :p but i'll take it for collection, you guys can guess the cost if you like :p.
Here its bottom shell picture for ID, I hope someone will have the it ID for me.
Clam ID.jpg

Thanks in advance!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehehe thanks. I read about the buble algae in this forum and bought it, it's darn cheap probably the dude didn't even know anything about clam, I don't either :p but i'll take it for collection, you guys can guess the cost if you like :p.
Here its bottom shell picture for ID, I hope someone will have the it ID for me.
Clam ID.jpg

Thanks in advance!
What?!?! I drove as fast as I could and you still beat me?!?!?!

Lol.

Take a look at the shell, look at the opening (picture please) and take a calculated guess.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing 35 dollars yuki. Also, don't tease us with just the bottom of the clam, let's get some mantle pics already! Lol
I gave it a good bath of brushing all over its shell for good 20 minutes LOL to make sure all the algae off it shell, I found a huge copepod on it shell too and a tube like snail, I broke tube snail off (probabaly Ver. snail) and killed it. The clam still shell still close now, I hope I didn't scare it to death :p
*About the price you guessed...it's quite too high :)

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, over 30 minutes and its still close!
I paid 12 bucks for it and yesterday I got a purple firefish for 7 bucks too, I think they messed up the ID with those regular common firefish that usually sell around $9.98 around here. LOL

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful with the bubble algae . You get it in the display & it can be real tough to get rid of ! Also great deal on the clam !
We removed most of the algae in the store, and I washed/brushed the clam in 3 different water bucket and I make sure none of those water get in my tank, I hope I did remove all the algae with that process :)

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A partial open, it's like brown/blue with goldline, not sure how it turn out after it fully recover. At this time my light schedule started to ramp down around 35% to 10% intensity in 2.5 hours, I think it's not getting a light shock.
New Crocea.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back