Bubble algae on clam shell

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't see them very often, especially at the price you paid. Tahoe61 has one in her tank, only other I've seen. Ive never seen one in person but you can find them on divers den. You got a really nice specimen. Ohh and your welcome since me and salty said buy It! Lol!

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't see them very often, especially at the price you paid. Tahoe61 has one in her tank, only other I've seen. Ive never seen one in person but you can find them on divers den. You got a really nice specimen. Ohh and your welcome since me and salty said buy It! Lol!
Yep, definitely you two encouraged me to buy it, I was gonna pass it lol
Thank you and Thank you. :p

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
partial open, it's like brown/blue with goldline, not sure how it turn out after it fully recover

In that picture it looks fully open to me (and healthy). With Hippopus clams the mantle only goes right to the edge of the shell, it does not extend out past the edges of the shell like other types.

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on an awesome score, i just spent 99.00 on a Hippopus two days ago, and not that beautiful dark blue either!! One heck of a good score! Good for you!!

They are soooo beautiful in person, and i havent seen them very often. In fact after i saw it in the LFS i was home thinking this may be my only chance, called them up and paid over the phone.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, friend of mine came to my house and saw the clam and he took out his wallet and said here 100$ bucks and I asked for what? He replied I'm taking the clam from you LOL (since he wanted the hippopus really bad so I gave it to him free) and he went out to his car get a bucket and siphon my tank water and grabbed the clam...LOL It's ok to me since he has a bigger tank and quite few collection of clams in his tank. Last sunday, he came and brought a bunch of small Zoa rocks and birdnest coral that he broke them off from his tank and gave it to me :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back